Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 armada se with about 260k on it. The vehicle runs great and I still enjoy driving it. This has a manual rear hatch, (not power) and the plastic handle to open the rear hatch actually split in half. I was still able to open the hatch but I had to do it carefully. I found a replacement handle and recently put it on. The lock mech and cables were inspected and they looked great. While it was apart, we sprayed fresh grease in the mech and put it back together. The hatch opened and closed with no problem. But for some reason, the next day I tried to open it and it is stuck in the closed position. I checked the manual lock on the inside to make sure it was functioning properly and it is. The hatch window will open with no problem but the door is stuck shut. I was hoping someone might know a way to get this open. I checked youtube and already looked online but was not able to find anyone with this exact problem. Please help.

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4WD
5 Posts
This has happened to me numerous times, it's aggravating. The culprit wound up being the manual switch on the inside kept getting bounced into a position that prevented the door from opening. I wound up using a tie on the interior of the panel and forcing it down as far as it would go and haven't had a problem since.
Another time I couldn't get the hatch open wound up being because something small got into the locking mechanism which I just had to use a slim flatblade driver from the inside and knock it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts