Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi everyone, im new to this site and ive been looking into buying an armada. i found one yesterday that was silver SE model with the journey's package which includes the leather seats, captain chairs, sunroof etc. i know there is a 2500.00 rebate and the lowest they would go is 36,000 out the door including tax and licensing. do you think this a good deal? the journey's package cost 4,350..this is for an 05 and i know they are trying to get rid of them. should i just hold off for the 06 and not have the 2500 rebate? let me know your thoughts... thanks

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
yes is too much... i was in same situation with same armada 05 with tow sunroof leather gps smoke 4x4 for about 34,500 out the door. i didnt buy it since 06 are here, with new colors. enough said. good luck. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
$33k + taxes and tags is what they are listing at. You can probably do better. BTW, that is for a 4x2.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Just a small note, I hope that I was not ripped off, but I got my 05 SE in December 04 for 32,500 out the door including taxes, and bought the 100,000 warrant for $2500.00, let me know if I did good or not. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ggeorgie said:
Just a small note, I hope that I was not ripped off, but I got my 05 SE in December 04 for 32,500 out the door including taxes, and bought the 100,000 warrant for $2500.00, let me know if I did good or not. :cool:
Sounds good to me. You're in the ball park, but you'd need a complete list of options to figure it out. Mine was $46k out the door with 2% financing and had a sticker of $48k and I got mine the same month you did. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Sounds good to me. You're in the ball park, but you'd need a complete list of options to figure it out. Mine was $46k out the door with 2% financing and had a sticker of $48k and I got mine the same month you did. ;)
actually I paid cash for mine, as for options its the very basic Armada, I added the Fog lights, OEM Hitch, I still have the Conti tires but exchanged the retarded 18" 5 spoke smoke wheels, with 6 spoke chrome wheels, front chrome tow hooks, QX56 front mud guards, Bug Guard, Oh yes and added a dvd system with two 7" headrest monitors.

to my disappointment I was told by the dealer that I can not tow more than 5600lb, is there any way to modify it to be able to tow more. and any advise on exhaust system? :itsfriday

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ggeorgie said:
actually I paid cash for mine, as for options its the very basic Armada, I added the Fog lights, OEM Hitch, I still have the Conti tires but exchanged the retarded 18" 5 spoke smoke wheels, with 6 spoke chrome wheels, front chrome tow hooks, QX56 front mud guards, Bug Guard, Oh yes and added a dvd system with two 7" headrest monitors.

to my disappointment I was told by the dealer that I can not tow more than 5600lb, is there any way to modify it to be able to tow more. and any advise on exhaust system? :itsfriday
Wrong. Its 9000 +/-. Maybe he got his tow ratings messed up. You will need a class IV hitch receiver that fits in to the stock hitch. This is if you got big tow, which I think you did. If not, you can tow 6500, not 5600. Also, big tow gives you lower gearing, trailer brake prewiring, suspension leveling, and a temp gauge for the trans. Without it, over long distances, it woudn't be ideal, but if you had a class iv hitch, you certainly could go higher than 6500, which is the max for a sequioa in any config. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Wrong. Its 9000 +/-. Maybe he got his tow ratings messed up. You will need a class IV hitch receiver that fits in to the stock hitch. This is if you got big tow, which I think you did. If not, you can tow 6500, not 5600. Also, big tow gives you lower gearing, trailer brake prewiring, suspension leveling, and a temp gauge for the trans. Without it, over long distances, it woudn't be ideal, but if you had a class iv hitch, you certainly could go higher than 6500, which is the max for a sequioa in any config. ;)
ur right triple, I just got off the phone with Nissan USA, and gave them my VIN# and the maximum tow capacity is 6500LB.
ur sayong if I have a class IV I can go higher, is there any other modification I have to do besides the Class IV hitch? i.e transmission cooler, different brake system, remember my armada is the basic one.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ggeorgie said:
ur right triple, I just got off the phone with Nissan USA, and gave them my VIN# and the maximum tow capacity is 6500LB.
ur sayong if I have a class IV I can go higher, is there any other modification I have to do besides the Class IV hitch? i.e transmission cooler, different brake system, remember my armada is the basic one.
Nope. The 9100 rating only includes the class IV hitch, that fits into the same receiver you have, an air bag that only levels the suspension, so the back end doesn't sag, lower gearing for the top gear so there is less heat in the trans for long distance towing at speed (100+ miles at 70+ mph for example) a trans temp gauge to keep an eye on temps, and prewiring for brakes for a large trailer. If you get the hitch and have the brake controller installed, you should be fine. There is no upgrade on the brakes and no trans cooler on Big Tow vehicles.

Here's the details of what you get.
9,100 lbs. (4x2)/9,000 lbs. (4x4) maximum towing capacity
- Underbody receiver hitch
- Lower final gear ratio
- 7-pin wiring harness
- Trailer brake pre-wiring
- Transmission temperature gauge
- Heavy-duty battery
- Auto-leveling rear suspension
This package is standard on SE Off-road and LE.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Does this mean I got ripped off

I paid 43356k when everything is said and done. I bought my armad in May 2005.

I bought a se 4x4, with sunroof, dvd, bose, leather with bench in the 2nd row not captain, tow package, rear mud flaps, no extended warranty I am in New york i know the taxes are a bit higher than other locations but man it seems like i have paid 10k more. What do you all think??????

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
randomfire said:
I paid 43356k when everything is said and done. I bought my armad in May 2005.

I bought a se 4x4, with sunroof, dvd, bose, leather with bench in the 2nd row not captain, tow package, rear mud flaps, no extended warranty I am in New york i know the taxes are a bit higher than other locations but man it seems like i have paid 10k more. What do you all think??????
That would be $39,390 invoice, $43550k list. without tax, warranty, and tags or rebates. I got mine for 6k below list with taxes and tags included, no rebates, but 2% financing. It would have been 5K less if I had taken the rebate, so $37500 + warranty. Must have been a GOOD warranty you got. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts