Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question to anyone, and everyone... Anyone know if there will be a 2006 version of the Armada?

I haven't bought one yet, but I'm in the market. :D

T-Yayo

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
GOOD QUESTION! I have been wondering the SAME THING. It will be interesting to see the changes and IMPROVEMENTS!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
If they do decide to do drastic changes, you would have heard about them by now, the release of the 2006 Armada will be around 8/05 as they were introduced 8/03 Nissan likes to run concurrent!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I did read that there were just going to be miner interior changes.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
t-yayo said:
....if there will be a 2006.... ?

T-Yayo
No question about if, it looks like the question is when. Which brings to mind, anyone have Armada sales figures for 2004 and 2005 to date? :hmm:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Nissan sales figures

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS

-- Best month sales ever for Nissan Division

-- March sales for Nissan-brand vehicles were up 13.8 percent when compared to last year with 92,221 units sold accounting for its best March

-- Best month ever for Altima with total sales of 25,329

-- Pathfinder (7,345 units sold), Murano (7,131 units sold), Armada (4,156 units sold) and Titan (8,202 units sold) had their best March

-- Calendar year-to-date sales are up 14.4 percent with 232,717 units sold

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
They have also been talking about a diesel option in '06 or '07. Probably '07 is more likely at this point.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
diesel? well i dont think so... toyota just reveal an 06 hybrid suv but is 7 grand more than the one that uses regular fuel, and only gives u 33mpg city 28mpg highway. but for 7,000 dollars more? i will take 5 years to start saving money on gas, so i dont think a diesel or hybrid version of an armada will save u money my friends. ;)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Nissan and Toyota are notorius for making improvement changes for a current model vehicle. I know I am going to be sorry if I purchase an armada now and next year they change for the better. For some reason I think nissan will give the Armada fender flares. We'll see!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I said diesel because the Titan is slated for one. If they go to the trouble of putting it in the titan, they may also offer in Armada.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
I said diesel because the Titan is slated for one. If they go to the trouble of putting it in the titan, they may also offer in Armada.
yes but armada is more of a family SUV whether titan is a work load truck dont u think? i guess for that matter armada must remain fuel powered. otherwise call it excursion.... arghhh!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
yes but armada is more of a family SUV whether titan is a work load truck dont u think? i guess for that matter armada must remain fuel powered. otherwise call it excursion.... arghhh!!!! :)
Suburban and Excursion both have diesel options. If they introduce the new clean diesel fuel they use in Europe, they would kick tail. Euro diesels are in high performance BMWs for example and tye will crush regular gas ones. EX. some 7 series have 300 HP and 516TQ, with a 4.5 liter diesel. http://www.bmw.ru/english/world/news/default.asp?cont=content.asp&query=pageID_139 But they run on cleaner diesel than we have in the states so they don't send them here. BMW says it will send them if we get the better fuel. The fuel companies say they won't sell the fuel because there is noone using it. Vicious circle and we are left out. I remember reading somewhere however the government has told gas companies to clean up their diesel within a few years so there is hope. :D

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I would love to have this thing with a diesel option. I could just imagine the torque curve on it now.... :temphot:
I love towing my 29ft Jayco with the gas engine. The diesel would probably place us in the Cummins club. Hope they have a cool name for it too.
How much more manly can Cummins or PowerStroke can we get.
Like my buddy who has a Cummins always says "I'd rather be a Cummin than a Strokin" (hope I don't offend anyone).
Syko

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
IMO, no reason to wait for an 06... I just got mine last week and you will save $$$ by taking an 05. Especially if there aren't major changes..

Now if this brake issue is corrected by then (jury still out on mine 900 miles only), then it would be worth it...

Also, if you take an 05 late in the year instead of an 06 in 05, it will help you later as you will have less mileage per year when you go to sell... does that make any sense? LOL

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Suburban and Excursion both have diesel options. If they introduce the new clean diesel fuel they use in Europe, they would kick tail. Euro diesels are in high performance BMWs for example and tye will crush regular gas ones. EX. some 7 series have 300 HP and 516TQ, with a 4.5 liter diesel. http://www.bmw.ru/english/world/news/default.asp?cont=content.asp&query=pageID_139 But they run on cleaner diesel than we have in the states so they don't send them here. BMW says it will send them if we get the better fuel. The fuel companies say they won't sell the fuel because there is noone using it. Vicious circle and we are left out. I remember reading somewhere however the government has told gas companies to clean up their diesel within a few years so there is hope. :D
umm i was reading the bmw 7 series web that posted, and was reading about the engines: most of em' give about 25-27 mpg am i right on this? considering these are diesel or petrol is really good, but where are talking bout german company whether here is ford with excursion and expy. kinda of a diff dont u think? and yes nissan DID A GREAT JOB ON HIS 1ST YEAR WITH THE ARMADA !! :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
inf3rno said:
umm i was reading the bmw 7 series web that posted, and was reading about the engines: most of em' give about 25-27 mpg am i right on this? considering these are diesel or petrol is really good, but where are talking bout german company whether here is ford with excursion and expy. kinda of a diff dont u think? and yes nissan DID A GREAT JOB ON HIS 1ST YEAR WITH THE ARMADA !! :D
Yes. That is the correct mileage. Don't expect to get mileage like this however. The 7 series is much smaller, lighter, and more aerodynamic than an Armada. But we would probably have better mileage and more power. The fuel is the big concern first though. :cool:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
As the owner of a Mada and a 7 series, I will tell you they remind me of each other quite a bit. The 7 series may be lighter than the Beast, but she still weighs in at 4500lbs. This little fact works out nicely when someone runs into you doing 45mph (see link). The 4.4 liter 8 cylinder is good for 280 HP, and with the 3.15 sport rear diff, is good for 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. Like the beast, this is the most impressive thing to me about the car, based on its size, it is faster than you would think it would be. I love when ANY other big 4 door sedan pulls up next to me at the stop light, again, much light being next to any SUV in the Beast. I think you all can see a trend here...........big, safe, fast. Onward and upward Club Armada!

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/42766/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Wow,
Glad you are ok :)
I guess gas mileage and brake issues aren't so important in the big picture. I feel pretty safe in my new Mada and feel confident that if I have my belt on and I get hit, I should be able to walk away without too much damage.
You can't put a price tag on that !

1 - 20 of 37 Posts