Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Have not been here in a while but it appears one of my mounts is cracked and need replacement. Any experience around this repair?

The dealer quoted 800+ for both mounts. Is that normal going rate?

Thanks,
G

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
That is very expensive. You can replace the mounts yourself. Some of the bolts are hard to get to, but you can do it. I removed/replaced my mounts when I installed headers. (The mounts weren't bad, just in the way for the install).

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
No it is not that hard. They can be a pain in the arse to get to and put and socket on, and a little fiddly to get lined up, but otherwise it is not hard. Just get a jack up under the engine to take the weight off - remove and install. Be careful not to cross thread the bolts, take your time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No it is not that hard. They can be a pain in the arse to get to and put and socket on, and a little fiddly to get lined up, but otherwise it is not hard. Just get a jack up under the engine to take the weight off - remove and install. Be careful not to cross thread the bolts, take your time.
Appreciate your replay and to be honest am afraid to do it, better to let a professional mechanic handle it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts