Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a message that shows up on the screen when I start the car that states:
Configuration failed because CONSULT is connected. Please disconnect CONSULT.
Does this message have anything to do with my issue on the backup camera and if so
any ideas on how to trouble-shoot? Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
do you have access to the consult? yes this can have issues with the backup system if the software was used to interface with your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure if I have access to the consult???? Any ideas on how to find out if I can access the consult?

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
did you just get the car? how long have you had this issue?

the consult is nissan software and NO you are not supposed to have it. so theres more to this story on why you are seeing this message.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is an odd one...Consult is the dealerships computer program that lets them interface with the car computer. First I would double check and see if they somehow left something connected to the OBDII port (under the dash below the steering wheel)...If not, then I would give the last dealer that worked on it a call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. I have a Nissan mechanic that believes it might be an ICC laser short and that I may be able to disconnect it and there is a good chance that will solve the issue. THanks so much for your expertise.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for your help. I have a Nissan mechanic that believes it might be an ICC laser short and that I may be able to disconnect it and there is a good chance that will solve the issue. THanks so much for your expertise.
I had the same thing happen to my ICC, it ended up sending so many false signals to the ECM, I had to have the car towed to 2 different dealerships to figure out what was going on... Hopefully that is all it is, and it is an easy fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts