Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and am hoping to get some help on an issue I've noticed. I had my front shocks/struts replaced and I didn't pay too much attention to it, but I've noticed that the front sits much higher than the rear even when the rear air shocks are pumped up. I'm wondering if the replacement struts were the wrong ones but I can't find anything that tells me what the proper ride height is for my model. Does anyone know where this thing is supposed to sit when normal and without a load?

I have had issues also with the rear auto leveler, and have gone through 2 compressors and am considering removing it completely and replacing it with regular rear shocks and was wondering if the rear springs have to be replaced as well when deleting the air shocks, can anyone confirm this? Would it be okay to add a 1.5" spacer to the rear spring to get the front and the rear to be level?

Any insight would be gratly appreciated. BTW my Armada has 270k + miles on it and I've only had small issues like as described, I love my Armada. I do hate buying Gasoline these days (Lets Go Brandon:)), but still Love this Nissan beast.

I think if someone can help me know the normal ride height, I think I can figure everything else out.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Try searching as there are many threads (and service manual pics). From what I recall it is ~36" but could be wrong.

Yes, the rear springs have to be replaced with stiffer springs if you delete the air shocks - many threads on that.

Not sure about the lift but try searching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try searching as there are many threads (and service manual pics). From what I recall it is ~36" but could be wrong.

Yes, the rear springs have to be replaced with stiffer springs if you delete the air shocks - many threads on that.

Not sure about the lift but try searching.
Thanks, I have attempted to find relative information but all I can seem to find is where people are modding their rides, raising the height, and 4x4 information.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
search "rear air delete"...ought to get you lots of results. Most are people deleting troublesome air problems or performance issues (the air shocks plain ol wear out!), often not to do a lift. I've done it, no lift, parts used are in my signature line! Yours might be unique that its a 2x and not a 4x, not sure why but maybe there's different ride height?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts