Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this a few weeks ago with 136k miles.
needed shocks.
Did the air delete and put Bilstein 5100‘s up front and Moog/Rancho 9000’s in the rear.
the driver side rear still pogos up and down over dips and right hand curves.

I live on a mountain road and it feels close to losing control.
the Rancho’s are set to 7/9.
right side feels fine.

What can it be.
Sway bar end links?
I have no clue?

all help is appreciated.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Just bought this a few weeks ago with 136k miles.
needed shocks.
Did the air delete and put Bilstein 5100‘s up front and Moog/Rancho 9000’s in the rear.
the driver side rear still pogos up and down over dips and right hand curves.

I live on a mountain road and it feels close to losing control.
the Rancho’s are set to 7/9.
right side feels fine.

What can it be.
Sway bar end links?
I have no clue?

all help is appreciated.

thanks!
You need to also replace the rear springs too. When doing a Air shocks delete. The OEM Springs are not Stiff enough.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
You stated the right side feels fine, maybe the left shock is bad. :unsure:

Reactions: toname

·
Registered
128 Posts
From others on here or previous posts, Rancho shocks were not the best choice and many have said they did the Bilstein over the Rancho and saw a noticeable difference.

I will be doing the Shocks on mine soon and the general consensus is Bilstein all four corners. 4600s or mix match with the 5100s and now newer posts with a newer model from Bilstein.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From others on here or previous posts, Rancho shocks were not the best choice and many have said they did the Bilstein over the Rancho and saw a noticeable difference.

I will be doing the Shocks on mine soon and the general consensus is Bilstein all four corners. 4600s or mix match with the 5100s and now newer posts with a newer model from Bilstein.
That is the second shock I’ve installed.
I returned the first one for a replacement.
you think it’s possible that both were no good?

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Did you get the truck aligned afterwards? These trucks get out of alignment very easily and finding a reputable shop and knowledgeable tech is just as important in getting your truck to ride and drive right. Always request for a before and after printout because there are many techs who have no clue in aligning a truck with IFS & IRS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get the truck aligned afterwards? These trucks get out of alignment very easily and finding a reputable shop and knowledgeable tech is just as important in getting your truck to ride and drive right. Always request for a before and after printout because there are many techs who have no clue in aligning a truck with IFS & IRS.
This is more than an alignment issue for sure.
going to try replacing all the rear bushings and sway bar end links.
once done an alignment will definitely be performed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im at the finish line of this problem..my 07 has had the entire suspension replaced. Alignment is a major key only if the adjusters on the control arms are not too rusted to be adjusted. All four of the rear lower control arms have to be adjusted to get the rear correct. I’ve had ranchos on for 6 months and they will never be on again. Bilstein 4600’s coming Friday. Wanted 5100’s for rear, but too much modifying to get the shock to match mounts..This truck is very finicky..I now only need front cv axles…

Bilsteins on..and life is different..😉 Rear feels under control, and small bumps are no longer a matter of national security…last step for rear is rusted coilbuckets..should I expect s noticeable difference once I replace these…??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts