Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2008 qx56 when I drive over bumps in the road rear of the car seems to bottom out car sit even no sag its like I have no shocks but sits fine,
what stops the car from hitting chasis against bottom of shocks .
Thanks in advance also car jumps hard to keep control.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
The rear bump stops are located above the upper control arms, right next to the shock absorber.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Sounds like you have blown rear shocks, and possibly broken coils.

I thought QX56s all had rear air-suspension (no coil springs) as stock.?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem with my '08. I just bought a set of Arnott air springs to replace stock units. However, it will be at least a few more weeks before I get them installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I should add that as soon as I get those new Arnotts installed, I will get a 4-wheel alignment. I have found that if the rear is even a little out of alignment that the ride gets out of hand on the worst of bumps.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I also have a 2008 QX56 I Love my truck when I brought it, it had 58,000 miles it now has 162,000 miles I have the same issue. The problem seems to be a wheel alignment however I have a leak in my shocks as well so I couldn’t get a wheel alignment. So since my air compressor is still working I decided to go with the factory shocks. I couldn’t decide which other shocks I wanted to try. I just brought the shocks from the dealership $460 for the pair I’ll put them on next week and get a wheel alignment. Hopefully that will solve the problem I did learn that information from this sight. Another issue I have is my fuel gage stop working so I reset my trip meter after every fill up I need to get that fixed ?? other than that it runs like a dream still loving it just as much as the day I 1st brought it.....

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have three options, in my opinion:
  • go with OEM from Nissan -- a bit expensive
  • go with Arnott. I bought mine here, but the lock down is keeping me from getting them installed: Search Results For: AS-3284. Found 1 Items.
  • replace with Bilstein 4600, which is basically a B6 that many of us already install up front. Most that go this route also swap out the rear springs for something more stout, as the OEMs will sag without the air shocks. Search the forum for threads from people that have gone this direction for options on springs
hope that helps!

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
40 Posts
can I just do the shocks? what did you install?
Check out my below thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts