Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve browsed the forums and can’t seem to find a solid answer.

What I know now:

I can go with JBA, Doug thorley, or stillen headers? which ones are best and preferred as I didn’t see a huge price difference?

As of 1/1/20 the state of WA no longer does emissions checks. So don’t need cats.

I learned that the general recommendation is that I will need a UpRev tune to avoid CELs and lean conditions.

besides headers and tune what else will I need to order? Just want to make sure I have everything I need.

thanks so much!!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
You'll probably need some b-pipes. You can find them (catted or not) and some other exhaust options here. Cajun B-Pipes | Home | Shreveport, LA This place can also help you with the Uprev tuning. I used them and (for what a random internet opinion is worth) I would recommend them.

I don't know which headers are the best but I went with JBA and have had 0 problems in 50K. Same mileage I have on the the b-pipes.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
As Staplebox said, JBA headers are excellent as are Cajun's B-Pipes.

You will also need to order a set of OEM gaskets. OEM are superior to anything that might come with the headers you buy. Don't skimp on these.

So Washington doesn't do emissions anymore, but do you have something like a state safety inspection where they might do a visual inspection?

·
Vendor
192 Posts
The only issue with DT or Stillen headers is that they only have 1 bung for the O2 sensor, which is located down in the collector and you HAVE to extend the wires on the O2 sensors for them to reach. In my experience that causes more harm than good and I have had to tell way too many people that their brand new O2 sensors are junk because of related issues. JBA headers have 2 bungs and the sensors will reach the upper one with no modification required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts