Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I'm new to the club and have read some DIYs that some people have done.
I must admit, I don't know much about working on cars mechanically or electronically :-(

My question is, what brand of an after market backup camera can you suggest that has a better / wider field of view
compared to the original cam?

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
if you don't have any idea about what you are looking for, may i suggest you go into a radio shop that specializes in hose types of install. they can give you ideas of what they have and try to make something fit within your budget.

i would suggest you not try to use an aftermarket camera to replace the factory camera. the guidelines will not match up with 3rd party products.

if you want to stay original equipment, you can source a used factory camera on the used market.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Like @marctronixx there is no aftermarket camera that can replace your OEM one and still retain factory features. If you are willing to loose some original equipment features like steering wheel controls etc. Then you have lots of aftermarket option.

If you are still shopping around. A good place to start is Car Audio Online: Stereos, Speakers, Subs & Amps - Crutchfield.com enter your vehicle info and see what options pop up. This way you have an idea of what to look for when you go shopping locally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like @marctronixx there is no aftermarket camera that can replace your OEM one and still retain factory features. If you are willing to loose some original equipment features like steering wheel controls etc. Then you have lots of aftermarket option.

If you are still shopping around. A good place to start is Car Audio Online: Stereos, Speakers, Subs & Amps - Crutchfield.com enter your vehicle info and see what options pop up. This way you have an idea of what to look for when you go shopping locally.
I appreciate the suggestions. Thanks so much. I'll check it out.

if you don't have any idea about what you are looking for, may i suggest you go into a radio shop that specializes in hose types of install. they can give you ideas of what they have and try to make something fit within your budget.

i would suggest you not try to use an aftermarket camera to replace the factory camera. the guidelines will not match up with 3rd party products.

if you want to stay original equipment, you can source a used factory camera on the used market.
Cool. Ii didn't think of the "used market" -- thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts