Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got new tires and went to get an alignment done but was told the driver side outter tie rod moves a lot when it shouldn't, the other side he said was good but he said it's recommended to have both replaced at the same time, so my question is.... is there somewhere online I can purchase some sort of kit for both sides? Od should I get the parts at a local advance auto parts store or similar place? I know very little about car parts and where to buy them, any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
If you can wait a couple days, go to Rockauto.com and enter the info of your truck. Stick with the Moog branded tie rods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can wait a couple days, go to Rockauto.com and enter the info of your truck. Stick with the Moog branded tie rods.
Thanks for the reply, is there a kit or do I have to pick out individual parts? I seen some on ebay but not sure if they are reliable parts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
No kits but since it’s only the outer tie rod(s) that need replacing, they already come assembled with the ball joints, boots, etc.
If it were me, I’d replace the inner tie rods too just because not only does it wear out as well, it connects to the outer tie rods and it’s already accessible when having to work on the outer tie rods.
Install, align and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply it seems I found the website and what I need based on the way it's set up I need 2 of the same inner tie rods and a left and right outter tie rods, I've added a picture, ive never used this website so I'm hoping they are easy to work with, if you think that's all I need then I'll go ahead and order them, thanks for the help and responses

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Thanks for the reply it seems I found the website and what I need based on the way it's set up I need 2 of the same inner tie rods and a left and right outter tie rods, I've added a picture, ive never used this website so I'm hoping they are easy to work with, if you think that's all I need then I'll go ahead and order them, thanks for the help and responses
Looks good. Make sure to request a printout of the BEFORE & AFTER of the alignment results. There are plenty of shops and technicians who lack the know-how or experience in aligning a 4WD vehicle with an independent front AND rear suspension setup.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts