Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hi All,

My 2010 Nissan Armada SE without the RF sound system last week stopped blowing cold or hot air out of the drivers side vents. (Mostly I'm concerned about the AC on the drivers side since we're in Los Angeles and it's rarely below 75 during the day). However, the AC is still cold from the passenger vents and the overhead vents throughout the rear of the cabin. Also, the drivers side air doesn't change temp by moving the temp settings. No hot or cold, just luke warm. The passenger side and rear will change from hot to cold AC. Also, the system WILL cycle to defrost/front/feet and blow air out of each different zone. But none of the zones changes the warm air coming from the drivers side vents/defrost/feet. I'm not getting any clicking noises from any of the actuators. I did the whole remove the dash and replace the top actuator last year when neither side would change temp and it was clicking. Someone please tell me there's an easily accessible drivers side actuator for a blend door to replace that no one has ever mentioned in any post that I can find either here or on Titantalk. I do not believe it's either of the actuators to the right or above the gas peddle since I'm not having trouble changing zones. Just changing temp. I'm totally stumped. Please help.

Bump... No suggestions? Junk the car as unfixable? :)

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Does that upper actuator (I replaced last year) control the drivers side blend door? Think it's possible that new upper actuator quit without making any clicking or grinding noises? I replaced it last year because of the woodpecker noise every few minutes, not because it had stopped working...

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
There is another one next to to the top one. It's in the center. Here a video that shows you where. Around the 4 min mark and around the 10:30 min mark.

The second video kind of shows you a "fix" without replacing it.

Both of the videos are for the titan but it should be the same as the armada.

https://youtu.be/bYQfxQ0g048

https://youtu.be/hsIIEWPUmkY

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, update on this. I fixed it. I'm sorry to say this probably won't help anyone else. I went to the dealership today to buy a new actuator. Got back to the house and began dashboard tear down. Got the radio console out and the glove box removed and I could see that the actuator was not moving at all. I thought to myself, great! I have a new one. Then I reached my hand up into the space just to see if I could reach in there and I FOUND THE WIRING PLUG HAD WORKED ITSELF OUT! It was disconnected from the actuator. I called my bro over (he's got smaller hands, I can palm a basketball) and after a little explanation, he reached up in and plugged it back in. VOILA! Everything works again. Thank you to those who offered suggestions. It WAS the actuator. Just not a bad one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, update on this. I fixed it. I'm sorry to say this probably won't help anyone else. I went to the dealership today to buy a new actuator. Got back to the house and began dashboard tear down. Got the radio console out and the glove box removed and I could see that the actuator was not moving at all. I thought to myself, great! I have a new one. Then I reached my hand up into the space just to see if I could reach in there and I FOUND THE WIRING PLUG HAD WORKED ITSELF OUT! It was disconnected from the actuator. I called my bro over (he's got smaller hands, I can palm a basketball) and after a little explanation, he reached up in and plugged it back in. VOILA! Everything works again. Thank you to those who offered suggestions. It WAS the actuator. Just not a bad one.
This is exactly what is happening with my QX56 and I'll bet it's just unplugged since there are no clicking noises, just not blowing cold on the drivers side and freezing all the other vents. I'm in GA. In sept it can hit 110 on a mid saturday afternoon. I'll check and see if that's the problem, but thank you for updating the plug issue. I hope that's all mine is

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this. I have the same issues with my 2010 armada. Dual temp control dri er side not blowing hot air.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does that upper actuator (I replaced last year) control the drivers side blend door? Think it's possible that new upper actuator quit without making any clicking or grinding noises? I replaced it last year because of the woodpecker noise every few minutes, not because it had stopped working...
So if it still does the clicking is just the actuator out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts