Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 Nissan Armada. No check engine lights on at the moment had vdc brake light come on about a week ago and went off . Driving home yesterday and all of a sudden I could tell it wasn’t going right I mashed gas and it didn’t do anything all though it was still running it wouldnt do anything while mashing gas. Coasted into a driveway killed it and started it back and it was good to go. What could this be? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
are you mechanically inclined? if not, best to take it to a shop you trust or (my recommendation) to nissan.
if you have a scan tool or have access to one, id still check for any codes.
some armada owners have had issues with the brake switch. search this forum.
what is you mileage? are you the only owner? did you just buy it or have you had it a while?
has this happened before? do you have any electrical modifications done to the car?
there are a few possibilities but more info is needed to help steer you in the right path. you can also, as mentioned, search this forum using some search terms that you noticed when this occurred. it could be bad petrol, an IPDM issue, a ECM issue, MAF issue, O2, Cats, battery, ground straps.. list goes on and on.

when you ask for help over the internet, since those folks cant see your car, they rely on you to give details, so more info will help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My issue is a little different but I’m not sure where to ask about it. I have a 2020 Nissan Armada. Shortly after I bought it I started having acceleration problems. When trying to accelerate after I stop, the engine revs real high, the rpms increase but the vehicle doesn’t really accelerate. It will eventually start to accelerate but it just doesn’t feel right or safe. I’ve taken it to Nissan twice now and both times they tell me nothing is wrong and that its the fan when the engine is cold; although it happens throughout the day. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
22 Posts
My issue is a little different but I’m not sure where to ask about it. I have a 2020 Nissan Armada. Shortly after I bought it I started having acceleration problems. When trying to accelerate after I stop, the engine revs real high, the rpms increase but the vehicle doesn’t really accelerate. It will eventually start to accelerate but it just doesn’t feel right or safe. I’ve taken it to Nissan twice now and both times they tell me nothing is wrong and that its the fan when the engine is cold; although it happens throughout the day. Any ideas?
I would definitely keep taking it in, just to have the issues that you're experiencing documented. I know the new Titans (20 and 21) have had issues with transmission shift points and, for the 2020's, Nissan has issued a software update/flash that seems to be helping. Granted, they're running a new 9-speed transmission but, the 2020 Armadas may need a reflash as-well. Could be something like that. I never have been impressed with the tech folks at dealerships - usually, the customer knows more than the techs working there. But I would stay on them, try to document / video your issues, just so you have proof. There is a number of things it could be but the bottom line is, they need to make it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts