1,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
It looks really nice, but I wish that the label "Yakima" was in the middle of the that basket. I know, I have OCD about these kind of stuff and symmetry is very important to me. :D

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It looks really nice, but I wish that the label "Yakima" was in the middle of the that basket. I know, I have OCD about these kind of stuff and symmetry is very important to me. :D
I see what you mean. I think all roof rack companies put their names on one side. But someday, I might put a different sticker on there and cover up the Yakima.

My roof light is in my state now, according to tracking information. I hope to get it no later than Wednesday. Then I will put it on my truck and take some pics and voila! My truck would be able to rest from me for a little bit, maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I see what you mean. I think all roof rack companies put their names on one side. But someday, I might put a different sticker on there and cover up the Yakima.

My roof light is in my state now, according to tracking information. I hope to get it no later than Wednesday. Then I will put it on my truck and take some pics and voila! My truck would be able to rest from me for a little bit, maybe.
Hehee… Yeah, modding can be quite addictive and tiring for the truck. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
FedEx delivered my spotlight from China today. Shipping was quite impressive. It was really fast. I got the 55w hid 6000k. it is BRIGHT!!! It got dark too quick for me to go take some better pics. So, here is what I could take of it in action.

I do recommend this for people looking for something that is temporal like this. And this would be great for offroading, and camping.

PROS:
- Very well built. Feels and looks solid.
- Very bright 55w 6000k hid
- Remote control works great. Light rotates a full 330 degrees.

(People who saw me driving around and testing this light were just amazed. I drove my Marda in the dark ONLY with this light. It was in a parking lot area and 2 guys came up to me and I had to tell them about the light. They said, they had never seen anything like this before.

CONS:
- Magnet does not feel solid as the real GOLIGHT felt when I did put it on my truck
- I will be scared to drive above 30mph with the light on my Marda. It might fly off. Except I reinforce the suction or magnet in some way.
- Does not rotate the full 360 degrees they advertise.
- Built in China, lol. So, you never know about durability.
- No warranty.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Took my Marda for road test with spotlight on it. Light ON!!! It was just about the crack of dawn, so turned my lights on. Wow!!! I mean, every single driver had their eyes on me. And even had people take pics of my Marda at stop lights and also had 2 thumbs up. Even the 2 cop cars I met checked me out.

I drove 40 miles on the streets and hated that every time I hit a pot hole, the spotlight would shake and so the hid light on the road ahead of me would be shaky too. That can disturb visibility. Well, that is to be expected since the spotlight is attached by magnet to my car, not by screws to hold it firmly in place.

Got on the freeway, scared that the spotlight might fly off, I was doing 45mph when the speed limit was 60mph. Well, I got some angry drivers feeling I was slowing down traffic. So, I reluctantly increased speed to 60mph and made sure I did not go 1 mile above that for fear of my spotlight truly flying off. I drove like that for about 4 miles and then took the next exit and did the same thing driving back. I was pleased it held up, though honestly, I was very scared.

Went to the park and took some pics. Drove back home and made sure to get home when it was dark. At one point, I turned off the lights of the Armada and used only the spotlight and it did light up the road ahead of me very well by itself. Well, I had to quickly turn my armada lights back on so as not to confuse drivers who will wonder what kind of car is travelling with just one source of light and from the roof top.

Here are pics. Looks nice, if you ask me. Got a lot of looks.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
HID Headlights will look good with that roof spot light.

It will look hot!!! :temphot:

41 - 60 of 673 Posts