Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

621 - 640 of 679 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
That is one good looking Infiniti, good job!!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #622

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #623 (Edited)
The guy who had to make the brackets for me disappointed me as he had more work fabricating pipes for the oil and gas industry. So I went to another place and the price was really high and I just did not feel it at that shop since they work mainly fabricating parts for sports cars. So, I went back home and continued with my endless search.

Then I remembered this company that I have been to a few times for some quotes when I had my Armada but never did anything with them.

I drove there and met the owner. Showed him my lights and told him what I wanted done. He opened my hood and inspected the car as we talked. Then he suddenly gave me another option of what to do.

I scratched my head. I was not too convinced. But we talked and talked. Basically, he said we can do what I want or we can do what he suggests.

Well, guess what we ended up deciding on? We agreed to do what he suggested. But hey, he had given me the choice to choose what I wanted.

I went with his suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #624 (Edited)
So, I parked my car and gave him the keys. He needs the car for 2 days. He is supposed to mount and install the lights. And then wire and aim it to work.

I pick up the car on Thursday for the big reveal to share with you guys. First of it's kind. Something I have never seen myself. So, we shall see the end results together. Whether ugly or not. It is surgery and it is irreversible for this one. So we all shall see on Thursday. Too bad I will not be able to wash it before taking some good pics to share. I have a 700 miles road trip to Mexico planned this weekend with my Maxima. So no time to wash the QX. Will just take pics on Thursday when I pick it up and share. Then whenever I wash and clean it, may dress it up for a photoshoot.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
When I left my car, I asked one of the guys working on my car if he would be so kind to please take a few pictures and share with me during the process.

He was kind enough to send me 6. Just sharing 2. May share the rest when I pickup my car and take my own pics.

I pickup the car some time tomorrow. They had the car to work on it for 2 full days. I dropped it on Monday. They worked on it Tuesday and told me they will finish it today Wednesday. So, I am hoping for a good outcome.

This is the front grill taken out, since they have to build a support on the car's frame.

And I bought a OEM style switch that they would put on a dummy spot on my QX, which should make it look OEM from the inside. It should just be a switch to push. Well, we shall see what they come up with.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #626

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #627
I just picked up the car. I must say I LOVE IT!!! These guys amazed me. This is NOT what I went to their shop to ask them to do.

What I wanted them to do was to make a bracket for me to install these lights infront of my bumper. But they gave me this suggestion which took me a while to comprehend. They cut my grill out and sprayed it with bedliner and installed these lights on my chassis. I was not too sure how it would come out and they told me I as crazy to want to do this and they truly asked me more than once if I really wanted this. I said yes. I love what they did.

You tell me what you think.

This is the light I bought. All the way from Australia.

Give me a few. I do have pictures to share. I mean, A LOT of pictures I just took when picking up the car. I will share about 20 of them. Give me a few. Pcs coming. Trust me. I would love to hear what you think of the outcome. For me, I LOVE IT!!!

https://www.stedi.com.au/type-x-pro-led-driving-lights.html

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
This is what I bought from Australia. It took 3 business days to reach my address.

And this is the shop damaging my grill before fixing it up. They did a really good job.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #629
And this is final product!!! I really like it, if you may ask. Feel free to let me know what you think.

I have 2 covers for it. This STEDI covers or the Smiley face covers below. Or I drive with them with no covers on like above.

Lights turned on. The day cannot do it justice. I have to experience it at night myself to know for sure. But all the Australians running this light have nothing but awesomeness to say about it. That it is crazy bright and has a long distance. Besides, this is the company's most expensive and most advanced light that they are selling on their website.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #630
And this is the switch. I bought the switch from Ebay and it fits in one of the spots and have a OEM look. I can turn on and off the lights with this switch any time regardless of if my car is in or not.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #632

My grill sprayed with bedliner

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
I went with my old and faithful Maxima to pickup my QX.

These guys do great custom work. They really impressed me. And cost was fair to me because before I came here I had already drove to a few places and had quotes for this job.

I never met someone who could do both for me; install the lights and wire them. So, I had quotes from different people who could put the lights for me. And different quotes from different people who could wire the lights for me and turn them on.

So, I was really happy when I remembered this company and when I came here they could do both a d even charged me a cumulative total less than what I could have paid if I had done it at 2 places as I had in mind.

And this job looks OEM to me. Great work!

They have a brand new Ford in their shop that they are working on. I asked if I could take pics and he said feel free. And here is what they are currently working on. The owner actually does most of the work.

Can you imagine he told me that at one point after making the holes for the lights they said they got confused and told themselves that they will just keep on going and figure out as they go.

This is a hunting truck they are building on a brand new truck. It seems the customer is out of state. When they are done building it, they are shipping it to its destination.

I give them 10/10 on the work done on my car and my personal experience with them.

And that is it. Enjoy guys! Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #634 (Edited)
Turned these 2 led lights alone at night and they light up far and wide more than my low beams and fogs combined.

Then turned them all together and that truly light up the road!!! Then when I turned the 2 offroad lights off, the low beams and fogs suddenly seemed way too inadequate to light up the road. It felt like I could not see anything.

No car came across from me when I was testing this thing, but I can guarantee it will blind oncoming traffic. That is why these are best offroad and if driving alone on some back roads where one needs their high beam. You can supplement your high beams with these led driving lights and turn the night into day.

I will find some time to go test these lights somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
Getting ready to go on a road trip in les than 2 weks and decided to prep my car with an oil change and a strong dose of BG 44K.

For oil change, I mixed 5 quarts of 0W20 and 2 quarts of 5W30. Then I am still using the larger Porsche filter. Then for the first time, I bought 2 cans of BG 44k to use in my gas tank.

Let me see if this BG 44K will do make any difference.

After my road trip, which will last only 15 days, I plan to do another oil change still with 5 quarts of 0W20 and 2 quarts of 5W30 plus the same Porsche filter again. So, in about a month, I will be doing another oil change. I have a lot of oil sitting and got them for a pretty good price.

Another Road Trip; TX-NM-AZ-UT-CO, July 2019

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Getting ready to go on a road trip in les than 2 weks and decided to prep my car with an oil change and a strong dose of BG 44K.

For oil change, I mixed 5 quarts of 0W20 and 2 quarts of 5W30. Then I am still using the larger Porsche filter. Then for the first time, I bought 2 cans of BG 44k to use in my gas tank.

Let me see if this BG 44K will do make any difference.

After my road trip, which will last only 15 days, I plan to do another oil change still with 5 quarts of 0W20 and 2 quarts of 5W30 plus the same Porsche filter again. So, in about a month, I will be doing another oil change. I have a lot of oil sitting and got them for a pretty good price.

Another Road Trip; TX-NM-AZ-UT-CO, July 2019

looking forward to pic's from the Road-Trip !!
-enjoy !!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Here's the SDS (MSDS) for BG 44k, in case anyone (like me!) was interested in reading about it's ingredients.

http://bgprod.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/208_SDS.pdf

and, here's an SDS for gasoline: https://www.vercounty.org/MSDS/EMA/9950allgradesgasoline.pdf

Back when I had a BMW there were many epic forum arguments about which fuel treatment worked the best, whether they even worked at all, and/or if any additives were worth it, or just snake oil.

There were a few good posts that had actual data (shocking, I know) and they showed that it was basically either stuff already in gasoline (which really does a good job of cleaning on its own) or stuff that isn't going to really work. Almost no one produced any figures to back up their claim that their "calibrated butt-dyno" backed up their claim.

The best point made was that if this stuff worked, then the dealer would sell it for a 1000% profit.

ymmv

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
Here's the SDS (MSDS) for BG 44k, in case anyone (like me!) was interested in reading about it's ingredients.

http://bgprod.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/208_SDS.pdf

and, here's an SDS for gasoline: https://www.vercounty.org/MSDS/EMA/9950allgradesgasoline.pdf

Back when I had a BMW there were many epic forum arguments about which fuel treatment worked the best, whether they even worked at all, and/or if any additives were worth it, or just snake oil.

There were a few good posts that had actual data (shocking, I know) and they showed that it was basically either stuff already in gasoline (which really does a good job of cleaning on its own) or stuff that isn't going to really work. Almost no one produced any figures to back up their claim that their "calibrated butt-dyno" backed up their claim.

The best point made was that if this stuff worked, then the dealer would sell it for a 1000% profit.

ymmv
Nice point. Based on what you said, I am guessing you do not believe in using BG 44k or any additives.

But you know for a fact that every single good fuel out there has additives in it, right? So all the big fuel companies like Shell, Exxon, Citgo, Valero and some others stores who sell fuels like Costco, Sam's Club, Krogers and HEB (if you have all these in your part of the country). All the fuel sold in these places all have additive packages added to them to help fight carbon build up.

You know this, right? There are currently so many fuel additives out there and millions of people have tried them all and some people swear by some that it works. It may be butt dyno, but the vast number of people from different forums with different vehicles who have had positive results cannot be overlooked. So, fuel additives do work. But when it comes to anything these days, YMMV. Some people will not see any results. Some people will see results. Same way you go to the best restaurant and read the reviews about the food. You will find some bad reviews

I have had the chance to see the MSDS on it. Nissan does not recommend the use of any additive. Since you have owned a BMW before, you know BG 44k is a product that some dealerships like Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, I think GMC or Ford used to or still do recommend it as a maintenance service. And some times it is what is recommended as first solution for some repairs.

BG 44K is very expensive, but a lot of people who have actually sacrificed the money for it swear by it while some people say it didn't do anything for them, not that it hurt their cars or so.

Normally, fuel additives is not something that many dealerships recommend, but I will tell you that in the world of additives, you will hear or see many people swear by Techron. Some people also swear by the Amsoil Pi. Also, there is a new school of people who swear by Seafoam. Just to show fuel additives do work. All these people cannot all be telling lies or just making up stuff.

If you believe you can learn anything from a forum like bobistheoilguy.com, then you will see a section on fuel additives and you will see a lot of many different kinds is working for many people. But it never works same for everybody.

No matter what thing in life that people say great things about, you will find people too who will give it bad reviews. That is why there is no hotel or restaurant with perfect reviews of 100% nor is there anything out there in the world with 100% perfect review.

All the gas with our cars already have what the companies put in it as additive packages. Then these companies make like a potent product to help add the concentration to clean up what the oil companies already say they clean. But all these fuel additives do not work the same for everybody.

This is my first time to use BG 44K and I am making the concoction potent, lol. Let us see what happens. This car has not died yet on me.

I will report back what I think about it. They recommend using it for some time, instead of using it up on a tank of gas on a long trip of like 4 to 5 hours. So, I will be driving my suv now everyday to go to work to mix the product and let it work and I am using only premium gas during this period.

I will report my own experience.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I certainly hope that your experience exceeds your expectations.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #640 (Edited)
I bought these from Ebay like a month ago just to have it and use it like this some times in my SUV for more light at night for my oncoming road trip. The amount of light it produces at night in my garage is just amazing.

These are 4 USB rechargeable led lights with magnetic rears. First I wipe the surface on the car with alcohol. Then install black sticky paper to the surface. Then I take the metal plate that came with these lights and attach them on the black sticky paper with strong double sided tape. Now I have a metal piece there and my USB rechargeable lights can stick on and stay firm. Press each to turn on and press to turn off. Not permanent, but I plan for it to be useful for my road trip that starts in 13 days. Produces a ton of light in a dark area.

621 - 640 of 679 Posts