Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

641 - 652 of 652 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
I certainly hope that your experience exceeds your expectations.
The verdict is finally in on my review of the BG 44K Platinum Fuel System Cleaner.

The short version is that it worked for me and I love it!!!

The long version....

ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND HOW TO USE IT
The company recommends using a can every 15,000 miles. A can is recommend to treat up to 20 gallons of fuel. But our gas tank takes 26 gallons, so I figured using a can to 26 gallons may mean the product would be too diluted and may not work or clean as well. So, I purchase 2 cans at $40 shipped to me. And I think they recommend putting a can into a gas tank that is 3/4 full and then filling the tank up. Many people on the internet do it differently. Some pour it into gas tank and fill it up. Some fill up the gas tank and then pour this in. I saw many people say put in a gas tank that is 3/4 full and then fill up and drive till empty.

HOW I USED MY 2 CANS OF BG 44K
Since I bought 2 cans of BG 44k, and I already had a full tank of premium gas, I drove my suv until I was at 3/4 gas tank. I put a can of BG 44k and did not fill up. I drove my car like that a few days to work, running errands, to the beach. I started "feeling" the difference from the next day. My car definitely is peppier. It takes off a lot easier and faster. I have huge and heavy tires and my suv has not been getting up this fast. I can definitely tell a bit of difference.

My gas tank got to 1/2/ At this point, I had driven only about 75 miles and I believe the first can that I put had been mixed well in the gas tank. Now, I put in the second can of BG 44k. I am sure now it is potent because it is almost like I am using 2 cans in a 26 gallon gas tank, but the company recommends you use a can to treat 20 gallons.

Well, I put my second can of BG 44K and filled up my car with premium. And YES, the suv does get up and go. Than it was behaving before I used this product. I barely step on the gas and the suv truly is very responsive.

I noticed that I did get a very slightly better gas mileage, from the 12pg I have been seeing on the car to 15mpg, as recorded by the car. I finally ran through that tank of gas until my gas light almost came on. Then I went and filled it up with premium and have my suv parked now just waiting for me to take off in 2 days for my 2 weeks road trip. I hope the suv keeps on performing like this throughout this road trip.

I will report back at the end of my trip, but sadly, I do not plan to use only premium throughout this trip. I will use regular most or all of the time.

So, BG 44K did work for me that I felt and noticed the difference. But remember, I think I did use a more potent dose and I did that because our tan is 26 gallons and 1 can only treats 20 gallons, so I needed more than 1 can to ensure this does what it is supposed to do.

And here is a link to my road trip that I start on in 2 days...

Another Road Trip; TX-NM-AZ-UT-CO, July 2019

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
145,300: Oil pan was resealed by dealership to stop a profuse oil leak at the seals of the oil pan. Transfer case fluid change.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
145,400: Did brake flush. Our cars require dot 3 brake fluid, BUT, I used Amsoil dot 5.1 brake fluid to do the flush. Bleed pattern: Front Right - Front LEFT - Rear LEFT - Rear RIGHT. God, the 2 rears would just flow nonstop when you step on the brakes and opened the bleeder valve. It made me run out of fluid and I had to go to Walmart and buy a small bottle of Prestone dot 4 to come and top it off when I was fully done. Car brakes better now. I think I got rid of that air in the system. So, my brake system now has a mixture of dot 3, dot 4 and about 80% is dot 5.1.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
I bought OEM fog lamps and some more recent and powerful led headlights directly from China to install in my fogs. Since these LEDs are meant for the headlights and not the fogs, they truly have been bright and they are the latest in the market. The thing is truly bright. Too bad it's been over a week since I installed them but I have not had the chance to drive my QX to truly see how well the lights perform at night. But it sure lights up the garage. Then add ny headlights and offroad lights then it is truly blinding for sure. I just have not had time to want to drive it.

I have been using my faithful and very old Maxima who died on me about 2 months ago and I had to let it sit for 4 weeks before I went and got it fixed.

My Maxima currently has 255,000 miles, 11 years of ownership and still going. And I am taling it this weekend for a 700 miles round trip. A journey I was supposed to make with my QX bit I decided I need to exercise my Maxima on a long trip and see how it handles again on long trips. It's been a while since I used it on a road trip that is more than 3 hours long. My goal now is to get my Maxima to reach at least 300,000 miles. I will try my best to achieve this goal.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #646
I took my road trip in July 2019 and was wanting to do a video but never got to it. I finally got the chance to make a video and wanted to share it on here. Let me know what you think. Definitely give it a thumbs up, if you like it.

This is a link to the road trip.
Road Trip July 2019

And this is the YouTube video from the trip.
Short video of clips from my July 2019 Road Trip

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #647
And this is another video from the same road trip. Driving down Black Bear Pass in Colorado. July 2019.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Driving down Ophir Pass, Co. July 2019. A FJ Cruiser forum member met me at the top of Ophir Pass. We talked for a bit and I asked him if I could put my gopro on his windshield while we went down. He said yes. I put it on his FJ Cruiser and we started our trip downhill.

Over 90% of the video is 2X the normal speed. But while you are watching it on youtuibe, you can change the setting to 1X for the normal speed.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
And this is the last video from my July 2019 road trip. This one is pretty long. It was a 1 hour driver, but I sped up a lot of the video to 1.8X speed and the video now is only about 28 minutes long.

This is a full video of the trail from Crystal Mill in Crystal, CO to Marble, Co. I have never seen a video on youtube of the complete trail and some people asked on youtube under some other videos that had a few patches of the trail for a full video, but nobody has a full video on youtube so far that i could find.

So, my video is a complete video of the whole 5.6 miles trail which took me 1 hour to complete. Not everybody likes such videos since it is basically of the whole trail from start to finish. But definitely a good video for people who hope to drive on that trail to go view the iconic Crystal Mill in Colorado. I personally like these types of videos and watch a lot of them on youtube.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #650
2 of the videos I made were choppy, so I decided to do the videos again with another software and it eliminated that choppiness. So, these are the 2 videos I had to make again and it is crisp and clear with no choppiness.

Driving down Black Bear Pass

Driving down Ophir Pass

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
I bought this on Amazon for $25.97 shipped.

Kohree RV led dome light

I just wanted a lot more lights in my cargo area and for only $25.97 shipped, I decided to buy this RV led dome lights to experiment on my Infiniti QX56/80. The light output is amazing. I like the end results.

The light is a true 4,500k. I installed it with industrial velcro. Each light has 2 led panels. Each led panel has 24 5050 smd leds for a total of 48 leds on each light. I bought 2 lights, so I have a total of 96 5050 smd leds producing a ton of light. I can have both led panels on each light on or I can have only 1 panel on. You will see all this in the video.

I didn't think I would make a video to post, so there are no instructions in this video, just a straight video showing somewhat how I did my installation and what I used. I used my new Samsung Note 10 plus to shoot this video and I I not edit color. This is straight from my phone.

At the end, I did not like how I had the lights and decided to put them the way I have at the last minute of the video to cover my car's power switch for the light since I will use the switch on the led lights. And both lights look more attractive how they are placed next to each other.

I hope this video can make some people experiment with this RV led dome light and install this in their cars/suv/overland rigs for a lot more light since most or all cars/suv, come with very little light to light up the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
I really like these lights and they are very bright and provide way too much lights back there when I open my trunk in the dark at the store or anywhere else. This is a great solution for people who truly want a lot more lights in the trunk area. I don't need this much light but definitely enjoy seeing the tons of light. Plus the lights cost me only $25.97 shipped and it is a mod that I can easily switch back.

These I bought on ebay. They turn on when you open the door and then they turn off when you close the door. They each come with a magnet that you place on the door so that when you close the door, this light sits above the magnet which turns the light off. Same thing for the white one also. I have 2 reds and 1 white on each door. These are all temporal mods that I can reverse by taking them all completely off. I like them so far. But I can always take them off any time.

641 - 652 of 652 Posts