Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

661 - 679 of 679 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #661
im looking to replace a broken DVD screen in my headrest of my QX56 Have you done this? Any advice on how to remove? where the plug is?
Unfortunately I have never done that before. When one of my DVD headrests stopped working, my extended warranty paid $2,500 at the dealership for me to get a brand new one. I paid $100 deductible and picked up my car when it was replaced.

You should look at the service manual to see if that will help you figure it out.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #663
On a Spring Break road trip to the Great Smoky Mountains in in Tennessee. Just posting my road trip report here. If anybody wants to read on their down time.

Spring Break Road Trip 03/06 to 03/14

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Going on a 4 days weekend road trip to the Texas Hill Country to drive the roads less traveled and to get on some dirt roads. I created a trip report just to hopefully share some pictures, if I get some good ones.

If you are bored at home and want to checkout pictures of the Texas Hill Country, feel free to visit my blog.

Texas Hill Country Back Roads and Dirt Roads Adventure. 4/9-4/12

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Bought China made alternative to the KC Flex led light. Here are some unboxing pictures. I will install them one of these days to replace the aftermarket flood lights on my lower front grill. I hope it fits. I will share pictures when it is complete and hope to make a video of the light.

Unboxing flex led pods from China. Shipped through FedEx. It took 5 business days from China to my door.

Hooked up the light to test output. Very impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #666

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #667 (Edited)
I was lucky to secure an appointment to install them today. I am at the shop now and asked if they could let me take some pictures when they fit in one of the lights. It fits snug. Really tight. He still has some work to do as the brackets provided will not work for this location. So, he is trying to see what modifications he can do to secure and bolt the light.

As much as I do not like the gold bezel, the company in China told me they did not have black bezels for me. So, I will see what I will do about that some day soon or I will leave them gold as is.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #668
I wanted these lights to have 2 switches. 1 to control the top and 1 to control the bottom. And here is the final product. I could not find a replacement switch that would give me oem look. So, I just have to live with these 2 switches here. If I find a better solution, I will go for it. These lights are very bright.

Switch for top row on.

Switch for bottom row on.

Both switches on.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
The new led light I just installed are all spot lights.

So, I went and flew my drone this night to take some aerial shots and a video. Here are some drone pictures of the light. The led is very bright. More light output than my headlights.

If I had mounted these leds at the same height point where my low beams are, I would get a very nice spread and more usable light than what my low beams produce now.

Pictures of the leds only. Performance is very good. And aesthetically, it looks really good on my suv. I used to be bothered by the gold bezel, but it actually adds a good touch.

Pictures of all my lights turned on. Low beams, fog lights, 8.5" laser led light and the new leds I just installed.

I went through some back roads and turned on all these lights and I was not surprised. It does turn night into day. It is extremely bright.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
My low beams only.

Low beams and fogs only. My fogs produce more light than my low beams. It just does not reach far out because of where my fogs are located.

Low beams, fogs and new led pods I just installed.

Low beams, fogs, new led pods and my 8.5" laser leds.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
I finally got around to making a video showing the performance of these new flex led lights. Thought I should post it.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
Made a thread about replacing my battery in my suv. More details and pictures in this thread on the expedition forum...

Replacing my Group 27 battery with Group 31 battery...

I went and bought the Duracell battery this morning. I think it was built on 4/20, as per the stamp on the battery.

I replaced my old battery with the new one. The battery tray was really very dirty and my battery looked like it was leaking underneath. Something I could never had known if I had not taken the battery out myself.

Take a look at my battery tray. Truly dirty. I went to work with baking soda and water and cleaned the tray up. Installed the new battery and what a difference!

My car starts strong now. I can tell the difference now when my car starts. Stock oem battery came with 675CCA. This Duracell comes with 840CCA. So, I am hoping it last me more than 3 years. And I am particularly glad I could clean my battery tray. I wonder if other people who have never changed their batteries themselves have a dirty tray like mine but just do not know because they have not lifted the battery to see what is underneath.

It is all good now and car cranks up a lot better!

Look at this leak. Looks bad.

Look at how dirty my battery tray was. I am glad I got to put a new battery today.

All cleaned up with water and baking soda.

New and fresh battery. Car cranks now a lot better. Significant difference.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #674

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #675
Currently almost done with my July 2020 road trip. I had my best time basically pushing my QX to its EXTREME. I have some videos I will try to put together and post. I hope I can do it before the end of next month.

Here is the link to my road trip and my favorite pictures while on the trails... More pics on my blog.

My July 2020 Road Trip

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I made the 4 hours drive each way finally to go pick up my Mada. Wow!!! That girl is BIG, but she is no slacker. She can get up and go. Who says BIG girls can't run? I had a friend of mine drive my Maxima, as I drove my Mada. And yes, he had to keep up, as I tried to see how agile this BIG girl could be. And yes, she can definitely sprint. I love this car.

Here are a few pics of my Maxima and Mada at dealership when I picked her up yesteday.

I will use this thread as my thread to keep up with maintaining, modding and keeping up with my maintenance.

Date of purchase: 5/11/2013

Mileage on odometer @ purchase : 63,700

Will keep on updating thread as I maintain and take care of my car. So this will be like a "carfax" for any buyer if or when I ever choose to sell my Mada.
Oh yeah,I have a Nissan Armada 2004 maroon-red and it runs very good.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
The best looking stance for a Nissan Patrol or Nissan Armada or Infiniti QX80.

I would like my QX to look like this.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #678 (Edited)
I just bought the new Valentine 1 Gen 2 radar detector. I sold my Gen 1 last week and added some money to order their new and redesigned Valentine 1 Gen 2. Looks good. Will have to try it one of these days on a future road trip.

661 - 679 of 679 Posts