Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

681 - 682 of 682 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Sad for me to finally be parting ways with my 2008 Nissan Maxima. Bought it brand new with 15 miles on odometer. Today, it has 268,759 miles as I let it go. All those miles have been some really fun miles. Top speed I have hit on this car is 130. Car has always done me right.

I gave it to my brother who used it for 10 months. Then I went to Dallas to pick it up 3 weeks ago. On my way back to Houston, it died just at 85 miles from home and 93 miles from my mechanic.

I called AAA and I was lucky my free tow covers up to 100 miles. The tow truck driver told me if I did not have 3A, the tow would be about $475.

Well, towed my car to my mechanic. He said new transmission. I towed it to dealership using free AAA again. Dealership said needs new transmission. Cost $6,200 for everything with warranty on new transmission. I said I will not fix it.

Towed it to another local shop. Said $3,800. They said they will buy a new transmission from the dealership and have to have dealership program it to the car when done. I just gave up then and put it up for sale on Craigslist for $1,000 firm.

Got a total of 9 calls with 3 serious buyers. First serious buyer made excuses not to meet when I was off, so I asked second person to come look at the car. They came and saw the car and really loved it. Like they said the condition is pretty remarkable.

To my surprise, they said they are going to tow the car immediately to go and cross the border into Mexico. I was shocked. But they paid me, I signed everything over to them and took last pictures of my beloved 2008 Nissan Maxima. I really loved this car. And car still looks and handled great! Too bad the CVT lasted only 268,759 miles. They were miles well spent.

Now I am left with only my 2012 Infiniti QX. I hope my Maxima has a great life over in Mexico when it is back on the road.

And some last shots of it after it died on the freeway and getting towed. I will miss this Maxima. After 12 years and 3 months of ownership and use. Still looking clean! Last dometer reading: 268,759.

It died and the car was on but stepping on the gas would only rev the engine. I just coasted until I stopped here. 85 miles from home. Car starts, but put it in any gear and nothing happens.

95 miles ride on tow truck to my mechanic.

Next ride to the dealership for real diagnosis. Failed transmission. Needs new one. $6,500 for new one with warranty. I refused to pay. Towed it to another repair shop where I left it for 5 days until it sold yesterday.

They paid me $1,000 for my car and immediately started taking the bumper off to hook it up to this Ford Explorer to tow it straight to McAllen and then cross over the border to Reynosa, Mexico.

Farewell, Maxima. Enjoy living in Mexico and keep up going as fast as I know you are. On your last trip, you proved to me that you still got it!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
Sad to see my Maxima go. But I wanted a replacement car for it. In my search, I really wanted a gas saving car and suddenly got an interest for a hybrid. After a long search, I bought a 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid to replace my 2008 Nissan Maxima.

I joined the Honda Accord forum also. Here is a link to my thread...

My 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid Maintenance thread...

681 - 682 of 682 Posts