Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. I’ve searched and searched, but can’t find any info on this model drivers side air vent removal.. any leads would be great.. I fixed the center consoles flappy flappy air vents, I think they would just pop out, but I don’t want to crack one as finding a replacement seems super difficult… I used the piece of 1/8 inch by half-inch foam on the other vents (center) to give some tension… Seems to work great, now if I can only get the driver side out. Thank you all

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Hi all.. I’ve searched and searched, but can’t find any info on this model drivers side air vent removal.. any leads would be great.. I fixed the center consoles flappy flappy air vents, I think they would just pop out, but I don’t want to crack one as finding a replacement seems super difficult… I used the piece of 1/8 inch by half-inch foam on the other vents (center) to give some tension… Seems to work great, now if I can only get the driver side out. Thank you all
At the risk of hijacking your thread, how did you fix the flappy flappy center air vents? Mine point straight up everytime I get in the vehicle. Said you used foam. Can you give me some more details?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy.. you have to disassemble the center console .. Pull the pocket where the auxiliary jack is, And disconnect the auxiliary jack and cigarette power clips and you’ll start seeing six bolts I think… Without disconnecting the HVAC and all the stereo cables you can pull that whole panel forward… I rested mine on a pillow on the shifter to keep the tension off the wires.. I found some 1/8 inch foam, self adhesive for like furniture trim… And stuck it vertically in between the casing for the vent and, it’s hard to describe the louver system, but when you open it up, you’ll see what I mean. It’s a vertical bar That probably should be wider to rub against the side, and it doesn’t… So I just filled the area, and the phone keeps tension against the vertical bar … It really is like old-fashioned louvered window blinds where the center rod controls the horizontal louvers… I hope that helps LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts