Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi all,
I keep running into issues here.... Both Timken hubs arrived. One was fine. One, the ABS sensor cable was cleanly cut, like with a side cutter, in the box....so have to return it.

Rear end rebuild kit came and right away, I noticed it had only 10 bolts in the kit for the ring gear and my ring gear had 12....ugggg

So last night we pulled all of the bearings/seals, races, pinion gear... Not only did the kit "not" have the axle seals, all of the bearings, crush sleeve, are the wrong size.... There was no other option to choose for the kit on rockauto. So now I have to start from scratch, cross-referencing the bearings pulled from the rear end.

Has anyone else run across this and where could I get the correct rebuild kit for this rearend?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Hi all,
I keep running into issues here.... Both Timken hubs arrived. One was fine. One, the ABS sensor cable was cleanly cut, like with a side cutter, in the box....so have to return it.
Sorry to hear about the bad luck you are having!
Are they making you send back the entire hub, or just the sensor and cable?
You could always use your old sensor if they are only making you return the cut sensor. (If you are at a work standstill)

At any rate, hang onto your old sensors anyway until you can verify the new ones work as expected.
I didn't have any problems with my Timken sensors, but my old ones are still hanging in the garage. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Sorry to hear about the bad luck you are having!
Are they making you send back the entire hub, or just the sensor and cable?
You could always use your old sensor if they are only making you return the cut sensor. (If you are at a work standstill)

At any rate, hang onto your old sensors anyway until you can verify the new ones work as expected.
I didn't have any problems with my Timken sensors, but my old ones are still hanging in the garage. :)
Sent the entire box/hub/cable back. Since I can't put the rear end in anyway, I wanted to have all new, including both of my old ABS cables.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts