Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Armada SV rear glass mountings snapped off when I opened the glass. I was able to catch the glass before it shattered but the driver's side defroster plug broke off. The passenger side is still intact. Do I have to get a new window or is there a way to solder a replacement defroster plug element in place?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 QX56 RWD
6 Posts
I thought I was the only one this crazy rear window crap happened to!!! (I have a 2007 QX56 with about 180,000 miles on it. )
I ended up paying my favorite mechanic shop around 245.00 to install new hinges and remount the window, reconnect wires. That was July of this year and I'm in Florida, so haven't tried the defroster.

I drove around for nearly a month until payday rolled around again with classy plastic and white duct tape keeping the rain out. LOL
I'm going to take a wild guess that it's a design flaw. For a heavy, curved sheet of auto glass, the actual bolt part that passes through the hole in the glass seems too danged small to me. If you're capable of working on it youself, the hinge pair including the bolt isnt expensive on amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already repaired the hinges. My post was about the rear defroster connection on the glass. Can that plug be repaired or replace entire glass?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 QX56 RWD
6 Posts
I was told that it is a glued connection, rather than soldered connection. (Keep in mind mine is an 07 model. )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts