Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my birthday on the way back home the car stalled and died while driving. It gave me a p0375 and p0021 ml. I got the car started for a few seconds but it dies out. But while it runs for those few seconds its running very rough and it sounds like its stalling in the process. What i hear from the front of the engine is rattling noise, likely chain noise . I only hear this when it runs for a few seconds that it stalls. While i try to start it without success i don't hear the rattling noise. This is what i have done to check if it was the camshaft sensor. I swaped sensors from the bank 1 to bank 2 and vice versa and i still got the p0375, which tells me this is not a sensor issue. Checked the wire that goes to the sensor and its good. It itermetetlly gives me p0078 code as well but that went away and now is only left the p0375. Guys i am out of ideas at this point any ideas or feedback or people that have faced similar issues please help.

·
Administrator
6,551 Posts
P0021 Possible Causes
  • Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
  • Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
  • Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
  • Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS)

P0078 Possible Causes

• Faulty Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder
  • Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder harness is open or shorted
  • Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder circuit poor electrical circuit connector

What the P0375 code means
Your vehicle was made with an optical sensor that is responsible for providing high resolution signals to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). Specifically, it does this by counting pulses on the vehicle’s sensor disk, installed in the injection pump.
These high resolution inputs are one of the most important the PCM receives as it directly affects the module’s ability to fuel timing and control. For every pump cam pulse, the number of pulses detected is counted and compared to how many should have occurred. If the number counted is abnormal, then the PCM will store the P0375 trouble code.

What causes the P0375 code?
The majority of the time, the P0375 code is stored because of one of the following common causes:
  • A faulty camshaft
  • A defective crankshaft
  • Faulty distributor position sensors

sounds like you need to NOT drive your car and have it towed to a service center. have you had the timing chain recall done? was your car affected?

is this your car from new or did you buy it used? if used do you have the maintenance records on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P0021 Possible Causes
  • Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
  • Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
  • Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
  • Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS)

P0078 Possible Causes

• Faulty Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder
  • Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder harness is open or shorted
  • Exhaust Valve Timing Control Magnet Retarder circuit poor electrical circuit connector

What the P0375 code means
Your vehicle was made with an optical sensor that is responsible for providing high resolution signals to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). Specifically, it does this by counting pulses on the vehicle’s sensor disk, installed in the injection pump.
These high resolution inputs are one of the most important the PCM receives as it directly affects the module’s ability to fuel timing and control. For every pump cam pulse, the number of pulses detected is counted and compared to how many should have occurred. If the number counted is abnormal, then the PCM will store the P0375 trouble code.

What causes the P0375 code?
The majority of the time, the P0375 code is stored because of one of the following common causes:
  • A faulty camshaft
  • A defective crankshaft
  • Faulty distributor position sensors

sounds like you need to NOT drive your car and have it towed to a service center. have you had the timing chain recall done? was your car affected?

is this your car from new or did you buy it used? if used do you have the maintenance records on it?
The time chain recall was done back in 2014. I am scratching my head since if i it was a sensor issue, i would get p0340 once i swapped the sensors places but i still get the p0345. Would that one bad sensor still give me the same code no matter the bank of the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.