Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out which options there are for rear air suspension conversion for a 2011 QX56. For the life of me it seems as though it's a blackhole with very little out there other than the strut masters conversion kit which I've read numerous places is not recommended.

Blisteins and Moog seem to be the go to combo, with Rancho behind Blisteins as an option, but none available for 2011 model year?

Any advice at all would be great, willing to source them from anywhere I can for a quality product. Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Stay away from strut masters. They utilize junk OE Monroe shocks/struts, re-label and then mark up the price.

Unfortunately, there aren't any readily available, reasonably priced, bolt-on options for the Z62 in order to swap out the rear air leveling suspension.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stay away from strut masters. They utilize junk OE Monroe shocks/struts, re-label and then mark up the price.

Unfortunately, there aren't any readily available, reasonably priced, bolt-on options for the Z62 in order to swap out the rear air leveling suspension.
Thanks for the reply, pretty much what I expected to hear unfortunately. At the chance of beating a dead horse, do you know of any harder to come by options that would still do the job, regardless of price or install difficulty?

Just had my mind wrapped around making the switch, only to now come back to troubleshooting and replacing the pump/bags/swtich/etc. . .

·
Registered
2004 QX56
48 Posts
shocksurplus.com....they have bilsteins ranchos and skyjackers. I have a set of skyjackers when the bilstein 4600 blow due to my 3" lift.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
The OP has a 2nd gen/Z62 so nothing available for the rear unless a custom setup is done.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Appreciate the effort but none of those work and that website has their info wrong. The rear air leveling shocks on the Z62/Y62s have a bayonet top mount/eyelet bottom mount. Everything you’ve posted/linked shows shocks that’ll only work with first gens JA/WA60s.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Just had my mind wrapped around making the switch, only to now come back to troubleshooting and replacing the pump/bags/swtich/etc. . .
If you know someone or a reputable shop that utilizes a full range scan tool, it’ll be able to read the E-SUS for any DTCs. A very common problem is with the exhaust valve solenoid seizing up and causing the compressor to leak down when it’s not supposed to. A new compressor is the only fix for that.
Unfortunately for the Z62/Y62, when replacing any parts related to the rear air leveling suspension, there is a reset/relearn procedure done via a scan tool, following the prompts from the OE service manual.

Again, LOL @ strutmasters so-called “conversion” kit. Just by looking at what they offer is almost comical. Those rear shocks with another set of coils + the main coils for the buckets are supposed to be an improvement over the OE air leveling rear? No thanks.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 11 of 11 Posts