Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2012 armada platinum with tow package. we just got a 26ft with dry wt at 5300lbs. We also have e2 wt distribution hitch. Seems to have some sagging when towing. We are new to this. Thinking the ball hitch may need to go up. Any other thoughts on what else should we think it’s from?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Do you have the auto level rear suspension?
Do you have factory tow package (with transmission temp gauge in dash), or just a hitch added to the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Since you have the Platinum you have the factory tow package and the self leveling suspension. First, have you weighed your trailer, particularly the tongue weight? You say your trailer weighs 5300 lbs dry, where did you get that? Your trailer likely weighs a lot more than that once you've got it loaded up. Second, can you adjust the tension on your WD bars? I'm wondering if you have those set up right for your tongue weight, tongue height. Finally, you may have to adjust the height and/or angle on your receiver to match your combination.

I am not familiar with the type of hitch you have, but if it is anything like mine (Equal-i-zer), the manufacturer has very detailed step by step instructions on how to set the hitch up. When I first got mine, it took a lot of fiddling and adjusting, but once I had it figured out, I never had to mess with it again. Make sure you are working on level ground when doing your measurements. Set up correctly, you shouldn't have any rear sag when you hook up, the truck will sag evenly front and rear.

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you have the Platinum you have the factory tow package and the self leveling suspension. First, have you weighed your trailer, particularly the tongue weight? You say your trailer weighs 5300 lbs dry, where did you get that? Your trailer likely weighs a lot more than that once you've got it loaded up. Second, can you adjust the tension on your WD bars? I'm wondering if you have those set up right for your tongue weight, tongue height. Finally, you may have to adjust the height and/or angle on your receiver to match your combination.

I am not familiar with the type of hitch you have, but if it is anything like mine (Equal-i-zer), the manufacturer has very detailed step by step instructions on how to set the hitch up. When I first got mine, it took a lot of fiddling and adjusting, but once I had it figured out, I never had to mess with it again. Make sure you are working on level ground when doing your measurements. Set up correctly, you shouldn't have any rear sag when you hook up, the truck will sag evenly front and rear.

Keith
Hey Keith I believe we have the same brand as your WD. It was installed by the dealer. we are going to redo it and follow it step by step according to manufacturers instructions. We’ll update if that’s the problem. Thanks so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts