Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a 26ft TT and even with the weight distribution there seems to be a sag. Fr looking it up here and other found it’s either we need to adjust the ball hitch and weight distribution. Or anyone else have thoughts. In paper this suv should be able to handle thus trailer it weighs about 5300lbs dry weight. It was empty as we just pulled it out of the lot. Any help is appreciated. We are newbies

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Put some air bags in the rear. With the air suspension the platinum has and the addition of airbags that go inside the coil spring, it basically eliminates the sag. I'll snap a picture here in a bit when I get hooked up.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Don't do this until you get your WD set up right. You need to ensure you are distributing the weight of the trailer tongue equally between the front and rear axles. Just leveling the tow vehicle with airbags doesn't accomplish that.

OP, I responded to your other post. FYI, this forum is small enough that you don't have to post the same question in multiple sections to get a response.

Keith

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I will say, with a 6700# TT you definitely notice it back there. I think I might looking a motor home..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts