Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
8CB2A813-EB69-4586-8152-54E79F0B4365.jpeg

replace the black one right bottom of pic

it is hard to pull it be carefull it has two hook on side I broke the old one when try to pull it

the fuse box dont say what is it I just see two big wires come from that corner just guessing that is going to starter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dung, please tell me the year of your armada.
I am having the same issue with a 2012 armada. The relays are exactly the same as what you have posted and I'm trying to figure out if there is a starter relay as well. I can't find a wiring diagram that shows a label for each of the relays.
Can anyone help with that?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I replaced the starter 3 months ago and have not had an issue. The job was not as hard as everyone made it out to be. Even though I pulled the fuel pump fuse and started the car till it died there was still a bit of fuel spray when I disconnected at the fuel rail, I was told later to keep cranking it for a few more seconds. I did not disconnect the battery as was just careful w/ the large wire going to the starter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I'll chime in and say thank you for posting the result of your effort and posting pictures! I've had the intermittent starting issue for at least 5 years. A new battery always seemed to remedy the situation, but as of yesterday, I get no start, crank at all. So I am exploring options and your thread puts replacing the starter near the top of my list (after the other, easier remedies).

thx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here is a great video for the job,

I've seen posts about starting issues and decided to look into it a month ago. This Video is helpful and others on YouTube can be found too.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Does anyone know the OE brand for the starter off the top of their heads? I have this issue as well but noticed if I wait a second or two between on position and crank, then I have no issue. I have also replaced the battery and the aforementioned relay.

*Edit: Answered my own question - looks like Mitsubishi brand lol. What is a good replacement brand?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Search online for the FSM and there should be a spec sheet in the STR section.

There was for the older models anyway.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts