Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anybody had a problem with misfire cylinder 2 and cylinder 8. I need help
My qx56 start losing power it hesitated it takes in alot of gas. Y just change the ignition coils and the spark plugs i change all of them. I clean the injectors. i change the variables valves i change the water housing and thermostat i change then intake gaskets and. The car is still with the same misfire problem. I鈥檓 open to any suggestions please help 馃槱馃槱馃槱

Administrator
why did you have to change all of those items on a 2012? are you the only owner? if not, did you just buy it recently? was the car abused?
did you get the timing chain recall done?

what are your codes at the obd port?
what are your compression ratios?
look at the O2 sensors and cats.
check the maf sensor also.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have anybody had a problem with misfire cylinder 2 and cylinder 8. I need help
My qx56 start losing power it hesitated it takes in alot of gas. Y just change the ignition coils and the spark plugs i change all of them. I clean the injectors. i change the variables valves i change the water housing and thermostat i change then intake gaskets and. The car is still with the same misfire problem. I鈥檓 open to any suggestions please help 馃槱馃槱馃槱
why did you have to change all of those items on a 2012? are you the only owner? if not, did you just buy it recently? was the car abused?
did you get the timing chain recall done?

what are your codes at the obd port?
what are your compression ratios?
look at the O2 sensors and cats.
check the maf sensor also.
Yes i did. They told me that it was the variable valves. But it鈥檚 still the same i don鈥檛 know how to check the compression ratios and and the codes. Are po300 random/multiple cylinder misfire and code p0408 and p0302

Administrator
"Variable valves" is a bit ambiguous. :)

those codes relate to intake leaks and your EGR system. you may have a fault in a wire harness that is shorting out causing a cylinder to misfire.

"yes i did" - does that mean you had the timing recall done?
how many miles on the clock?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Variable valves" is a bit ambiguous. :)

those codes relate to intake leaks and your EGR system. you may have a fault in a wire harness that is shorting out causing a cylinder to misfire.

"yes i did" - does that mean you had the timing recall done?
how many miles on the clock?
I didn鈥檛 went to the dealership i went to a mechanic. But they told me it was not the timing chain.

Administrator
the recall is free. just call a dealer and give them your VIN. its easy to see if its been done or not. you do NOT want some shade tree mechanic doing that procedure.

your car may NOT need the recall or it may have already been done, but its worth the few minutes to check with a dealer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the recall is free. just call a dealer and give them your VIN. its easy to see if its been done or not. you do NOT want some shade tree mechanic doing that procedure.

your car may NOT need the recall or it may have already been done, but its worth the few minutes to check with a dealer.
The dealer said that the engine is bad 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔忦煠佛煆烩嶁檪锔 They just open the hood and open de oil cap and they said that the engine is getting dry slowly 馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔忦煠︷煆烩嶁檪锔 And to install a new engine. The cost is 18k 馃馃

Premium Member
So, you took your truck to the dealer, told him you had a misfire code on two cylinders. He opened the hood, opened the oil cap, looked inside, and then said you need a new engine? Did I get that right?

If this is what truly happened: FIND A NEW DEALER

What does "getting dry slowly" mean with respect to an engine? That you don't have any oil in it? Assume you have oil, that it's been changed recently, etc.

How long have you had this truck? If you've had it for a while, did you stay up with regular maintenance? If you just bought it, did you have it checked out before you bought it?

Keith

Reactions: marctronixx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now i had to replace the Catalytic converters. Because it got damaged. But before i change the catalytic i disconnected the oxygen sensor and the codes Disappear. But now that i put the new catalytic and oxygen sensor. codes came back 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔忦煠

1 - 13 of 13 Posts