Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 Armada with 145k miles has started showing the abs slip and 4wd lights intermittently. I've read a lot of forum posts stating a bad wheel bearing or speed sensor but these are mostly for older models. Brought to dealer and they are lost. After 4 hours I received a call saying it may be the awd system but they're not sure yet. I have not read about this with any other Armada with that problem. Vehicle drives and handles normal. Have not noticed any wheel bearing sounds.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
If the dealer can't figure it out with the dealer equipment the vehicle in hand I am not sure we can help much over the internet.

Regarding the hubs, even though you have a 2014 you still have 145k on them, wear is wear, so I wouldn't rule them out. They were the cause when I had those lights pop on intermittently with no other problems. Or, I should say, the lights never came back on after I replaced the hubs - I couldn't swear they were the cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same deal with my 2011 mada. Just bought it a couple months ago, 70k and in great shape. All 4 lights are on and it's the rear passenger side wheel bearing hub assembly. They want $735 for the job. Not for nuthin but that seems a bit friggin much. And 3 more wheels to look forward to fixing now!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time using this forum so sorry for mistakes. My 2011 Mada has abs, 4wd, slip and vdc lights on. So four not three lights. Truck runs fine except when I have it in 4wd. When I let off the gas there is a slight clunking sound when it hits idle. But just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean it's not the hub assembly. I have done a ton of reading and chances are pretty good that it is the issue.
Anyone have rear wheel hub assembly replaced? $735 seems high to me.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Anyone have rear wheel hub assembly replaced? $735 seems high to me.
$735 for one or both rear hubs?

Consider that the dealer is charging you a premium amount for the part(s) and a premium amount for the labor, maybe $100 an hour. You can always go with a less-expensive, quality aftermarket hub like Timken and have a decent local independent shop do it at a reduced labor rate.

I would still do some further investigation though before committing to replacing your wheel hubs. Have you scanned at the OBD port for any DTC's? Autozone will do this for free.

Are you the original owner? How many miles on the vehicle? When is the last time you serviced the diffs and transfer case fluids?

·
Registered
4 Posts
  1. That's for the rear passenger hub only. Not through the dealership. The OEM retail for the part is $250. I don't like using the cheap aftermarket parts. The independent rear suspension and the seized bolts make the job a bit tougher. Don't have time to shop around as I need the truck to attend a wake and funeral 4 hours away. Goin to pick it up now so will see how much the marked up the part. I did speak to a friend who was a service manager for 15 years at Nissan and he told me it wasn't a terrible price for that truck and job. Still not happy about the labor costs

·
Premium Member
893 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So for anyone who is having all four warning lights come on (abs, slip, 4wd and vdc) Here are the codes that came up and what the issue was. Along with the lights there was a clunking noise especially in 4wd when I let off the gas truck approached idle.
Found codes C1115 , C 1105, C1101 all for the passenger side rear wheel speed sensor it's erratic, circuit open / short, input fault after checking over found that the wheel bearing is loose causing it to not fully read the sensor wheel for wheel speed which is causing the lights to come on the dash etc.. need to replace the wheel bearing assembly the sensors seems to be okay did not see anything visually.
After June was replaced lights are off no more clunking. Looking forward to the other three hubs wearing out so I can spend some more dough.
I spent the extra coin for the Nissan part.
Hope this info helps anyone who's having this issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts