Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was tired of cleaning up grime on the lower panels, so I experimented with these on Amazon.

Made in Canada, Amazon Prime came in one day. $8 a pair.

Stock looking, they are pretty solid. It took about 30 minutes.

I'm running 305/45/22's with Zero rub issues with the Mud Guards.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Nice! (y)

They look really stock. Are they keeping the grime off?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are, you really don't need Huge truck flaps...unless you are mudding or off roading.

You can still pull up to a nice restaurant and not look too hillbilly.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Your rig looks good with those wheels and the mudflaps. I really like having mudflaps. I just have not decided on which to buy and install.

Are those wheels off a QX80? That is the most popular size tire for anybody upgrading from the stock 275/50R22 off the QX80 22" wheels that you have on. They will never rub. It is the perfect replacement tire. Over 90% of people who have changed the stock tire size on the stock rim have gone with that size. So, it is popular and safe among QX56/80 drivers.

The craziest thing is that that tire size is recommended for a rim of atleast a 9.5" width, but you have it on a 8" width rim. According to tire experts, it means you run the risk of that tire coming off that rim at high speeds. But there are way too many people running that tire size on that wheel with no problem. So, they basically are telling the tire experts that we can take the risk and you should know it is working perfect for us. I was running the same tire size on my rim for a while with absolutely no problems before I recently went to a different size.

Your rig looks good with those mudflaps. Could you show more pictures of the side close to the tires that collects the dirt and shows the number of screws you used to secure the mud flap to the wheel well? Or talk about how you did the install? How many holes did you drill to keep it sturdy? What screws did you use? Can you share some more pictures?

I also want mudflaps, but just have not decided on which ones yet. I have some pictures here where I bought some mud flaps and was trying them out. They truly look good. Let me see if I can find them. Now that the forum has changed and people cannot edit their old posts, I think many people have gotten frustrated and not visiting or posting as before.

For $8 a pair of mudflaps, I am guessing they are the kinds that are hard plastic and can bend and break or change color with over exposure under sun. Since that is truly way too cheap. If they turn out to be good, then you scored big. Share link to the ad or a screen shot of what exactly you bought on Amazon. I am still looking for the right mudflaps for me.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
This is what I bought and tried on my QX. It truly looks good but I ended up selling them for a loss still new. I am still wondering if I should still get them again because I like the look. All other ones I have looked at that I like cost upwards of $140. I would like to look at the ad for the one you see just to see what it is made of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RoadSport 4406 'A' Series Universal Fit Premiere Splash Guard (Plain Black; 12-3/4" Height x 7-3/8" Wide

They are made in Canada, pretty sturdy. I love mud flaps...but not huge ones, they look stock, anything too huge looks Too Big Country boy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are not of poor quality.
They are made in Canada.
$16 for all 4 didn't matter, the side/thickness/ease of Installation.
2 bolts, drill them in. Add a bolt if you like, take a 10minutes each to bolt up.
I wanted a stock look.
It works perfectly no rear road grime.

As far as the 305/45/22's, I have hit 120mph a bunch of times...tires didn't fall off. None of the other guys running 305/45/22 have had any issues either.

I researched like crazy, yes...then..
I don't let fear keep me from trying what works as I envision.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Gatorback makes these ones... Heavy duty rubber and vehicle specific. No body drill installation.

View attachment 47692
I do like that look and may look into these ones. Do you have a link to these? Can you share the link or share a screenshot of the website with these ones on it.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
They are not of poor quality.
They are made in Canada.
$16 for all 4 didn't matter, the side/thickness/ease of Installation.
2 bolts, drill them in. Add a bolt if you like, take a 10minutes each to bolt up.
I wanted a stock look.
It works perfectly no rear road grime.

As far as the 305/45/22's, I have hit 120mph a bunch of times...tires didn't fall off. None of the other guys running 305/45/22 have had any issues either.

I researched like crazy, yes...then..
I don't let fear keep me from trying what works as I envision.
Thanks for the pictures. That is very helpful. I do want mudflaps but just have not settled on one for me yet, but I would love to have them on someday.

Yeah, $16 is truly a super good deal for all 4 mudflaps that look good. At that price, it is normal for someone to think it may not hold up well. But glad to know you tried it and it works great.

Prices of some mudflaps are crazy out there. I mean, some get up to $300!!! But the most popular price for good mudflaps are between $90 to $150. So, I am truly surprised that is well made and works well for you.

Well, I am still looking for one for me.

As for those tires, yes, the experts say it is dangerous for us to put it on that rim, but as I said, more than 90% of people who have the 22 inch wheels and using a tire that is not stock are all using 305/45R22. So, yes it works perfectly well. It is just the engineers and tire expects who will disagree with us who are using it. But I guess we are challenging their expertise. I also had the same size and I doing 120 was easy. And then airing it down and abusing on the trail, the tires still stayed perfect. So, yes, it does work perfectly well.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
2019 Mudflaps. It is vehicle specific, so this looks good. I really like these, but the price is not cheap. It is from Canada. Prices on their website is Canadian dollars. Good thing the US dollar is currently higher than Canadian dollar. They have 4 different kinds. The cheapest set for all 4 on their website seems to be about $191 US dollars and the most expensive is about $270 US dollars.

This is the link to the website.

2019 Nissan Armada custom fit Mud Flap

2019 Nissan Armada Front Mud Flap Installation

2019 Nissan Armada Rear Mud Flap Installation

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Gatorback makes these ones... Heavy duty rubber and vehicle specific. No body drill installation.

View attachment 47692
I see in another thread, you posted 21 days ago that you ordered these and that when you get them and install you will share pics.

Since that was 21 days ago, I am guessing you have received it. Did you install them already?

Can you share pics? Especially of the inside. I would love to see how it lines up. I am interested in them, but the price is not cheap at all. Which ones did you get? The most basic one or the gunmetal one?

Would love to see your pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I have installed them and I will share pics as soon as I get a chance... I'll be home in a couple of days and will post them.

I got the most basic ones. The only difference is the chrome/gunmetal metal inserts. Really like them because they are heavy duty, and I need heavy duty because of the gravel roads I have to deal with in the area I live.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
I just contacted the Canadian company by phone ad they told me they do not ship to the US. They asked me to contact their distributor in the US. I called and nobody picked up the phone. I emailed and they responded with a link to their page kf the ones I like. The gunmetal ones.

The price is $300 shipped! Yeah, truly expensive. I have not made up my mind to buy yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They would be around $280 US (including taxes here in Canada) for the gunmetal... I agree pretty expensive for mudflaps and that's why I went with the basic ones and I'm happy with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts