1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Pretty sure that is the foreign version of the QX56/80 called a Nissan Patrol. I doubt they will move to that platform for the Armada here, but it wouldn't be bad if they did. It would probably share some of the features of the QX80 with 401 hp and suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
That has been the rumor for quite a long time, that the Armada would break away from the Titan platform and be built on the Nissan Patrol / Infiniti QX80 platform. Expect some price increases if that happens. But, certainly a nicer vehicle than the current platform.

I was expecting (pure speculation) that the Armada would divert from the Titan platform and go along the crossover path; in other words, the new Armada would be derived from the current Pathfinder platform. Since folks are buying many more CUVs than traditional SUVs, it seems this would make business sense. Trailer towing would be sacrificed, but the vehicle could be made smaller with better efficiency and the same dimensions for passengers. If you want evidence on how this is done, take a look at the latest GM Acadia / Chevy CUVs; interior volume is comparable to the Tahoe / Yukon, but without the big V8 and body on frame. But, it certainly can't tow as much.

If my speculation comes true, this will be the last Armada I buy, since I use mine for towing and hauling. If I didn't tow, however, a vehicle like this would fit my needs perfectly.

Keith

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
That picture looks good. I like it very much.

That looks different from the Nissan Patrol. I hope this is true. I had always hoped the new Armada would look similar to the new body style QX56, since they had always looked similar from the past years. A seven speed would definitely be something to look forward to. And hid lights would be great too. Also, all the technology and suspension upgrades that the QX has would be truly good to have on the Armada.

I hope this picture turns out to be true.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I agree with Campfamily, this is an old leak. Here is the April 5th version of the story with the same, probably fake pictures. This article goes a little father and suggests a hybrid version is in the cards:

http://nissan-infiniti.com/2017-nissan-armada/

To fuse a similar thread, I think an Armada hybrid would amount to a big, needless cost driver pushing up prices. Fuel efficiency is mostly a dead consideration given the new normal for gas prices, and falling fast.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Been way to long since I've posted on here, but since I have purchased a new Armada after a 6 year leave, I wanted to get back in the mix.

I'm honestly hoping to see the new 2017 Armada follow the Titan platform. I would love to see an Armada XD with increased towing and diesel engine. With Ford doing away with the Exursion, there has been a huge gap for 3 row SUV's that can tow 12k.

I would sell in a heart beat if they went this route. Just hope it's not ugly like the QX80. Love the look of the current Armada which is why this is my 4th Armada (one being a 04 QX56).

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
For corporate cost, the patrol makes the most sense.
Pretty sure the patrol has a diesel engine in other parts of the world. Not sure what, if anything, that does for towing with it.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
This has got me back in the mix for an SUV if Nissan follows the Titan and throws a Cummins in the Armada.

...and if they don't I guess I'll go find a low mile 7.3 Excursion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
This has got me back in the mix for an SUV if Nissan follows the Titan and throws a Cummins in the Armada.

...and if they don't I guess I'll go find a low mile 7.3 Excursion.

You could always hunt down an overseas nissan diesel powertrain and swap it into the US version of the patrol. ???

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
You could always hunt down an overseas nissan diesel powertrain and swap it into the US version of the patrol. ???

Lol! That would be quite the project. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of finding a wrecked Armada and shoving a Cummins in it. Though if it were up to me I'd go with a 12v 5.9 or a 7.3 Powerstroke. What a cool rig that would be.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Anyone notice the titanium burnt finish exhaust on the White Armada on the left?

http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/346-off-topic/10146-2017-nissan-armada.html#post104690
The chrome tip on my Armada Platinum looks the same as this, it discolors due to the heat. It isn't an add-on chrome tip, it is simply a chrome coating on the outside of the pipe.

However, I am intrigued by the camo covered SUV. That's obviously a Patrol / QX80 body, but why do they go to the trouble of removing the badges and putting camo on the bumper caps? Perhaps Nissan is going to surprise us and the next Armada is based on the Patrol. Hope, hope, hope......

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
The Patrol based QX is just butt-ugly to me. The old Armada still looks surprisingly fresh for its age, IMO.

I just hope whatever they do, that towing capacity is retained. Without that, I'll just have to buy a truck.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
This will be very interesting to see if they bring the Patrol to US or rebadge it as 2017 Armada. If the latter then they will surely 2016 is the last year for Armada in the middle east. Over here we already have the Patrol so they cannot sell the 2017 Armada which is actually a Patrol.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
The Patrol based QX is just butt-ugly to me. The old Armada still looks surprisingly fresh for its age, IMO.

I just hope whatever they do, that towing capacity is retained. Without that, I'll just have to buy a truck.

Completely agree. I think they should go with the Titan XD platform for the redesign.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
If this is the new patrol its small . I will check our tip for this coloration. I think the XD front end needs some work .

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I have the chrome tail pipe (clean it every week) and it has never discolored like this.... and our summer temps reach 50C outside :(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts