Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Here it is again - looks legitimate this time.
http://www.netcarshow.com/nissan/2017-armada/?ref=ios
Yup, looks like it just got legit: http://www.forbes.com/sites/samabue...-new-to-america-2017-armada-suv/#2cedff147421

I will say that I like the looks of the front grill and tail more than the QX80. I hope it comes with the same hydraulic adjusting suspension as the QX80. Though the towing capacity is likely lower, matching the 8500 lbs of the QX80. The internal volume is also lower and the 3rd row seat likely too tight/small for tall adults/teens. I'll keep my options open when it comes time to replace my 2015 Armada, though this new rendition still has better appeal than anything from Toyota or domestic makers.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I had mentioned elsewhere, that this new Armada is intended to be a stop-gap, as design work on the next generation Patrol and Infiniti QX80 is done with, save for some minor details. As soon as the incumbent Y62 Patrol and Z62 QX80 were face-lifted, the styling efforts on the next generation models was wrapping up. The third generation Armada will arrive for 2019, so this will have a 2-3 year run as an interim measure.

On another note, the next generation Pathfinder (R53) and QX60 (L51) designs were approved over 4 weeks ago. The final production designs are being finalised/frozen this July, in time for a late 2018 launch for the 2019 model year. A new naturally aspirated engine from the VR family (GTR utilizes VR38DETT and Q50/60 VR30) is what will be a new powertrain option. The current R52 and L50 are getting facelifts this year in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The Patrol based QX is just butt-ugly to me. The old Armada still looks surprisingly fresh for its age, IMO.

I just hope whatever they do, that towing capacity is retained. Without that, I'll just have to buy a truck.
Agree. The chiseled 04-07 body still looks the best and most aggressive. I hate the facelift for the sake of a facelift idea. It's stupid and raises the cost only look worse.

If true, new direction looks the worst of the three, and it would be an unforgivably dumb mistake to downsize in the coming age of near free gasoline. Water already costs substantially more than gas.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
i copied my reply from another thread
"so it took nissan 10 years to release patrol with armada name on it? the price gonna jump really high if its just a renamed patrol...this gonna cost around 65k-75k , so i guess they killed the armada platform totally now its a patrol so yeah RIP Armada "

tbh i was excited to see it based on the new titan but oh well :\

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Since we have seen a Titan with a sticker price of $68,000, then there is no way Nissan will keep the most expensive Titan more expensive than the most expensive Armada. Even with the cummins diesel engine in it.

This means we are definitely going to see a Armada with a sticker price of over $70,000 for sure. Especially when you look at this Armada and it seems to almost have everything that the most loaded 2016 Infiniti QX56 has. With the most expensive sticker price on a 2016 QX56 being $90,000, I am sure we will definitely see atleast one 2017 Nissan Armada sticker price of over $70,000. That is truly expensive for a Armada.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
I am sure we will definitely see atleast one 2017 Nissan Armada sticker price of over $70,000. That is truly expensive for a Armada.
I think you are right.....however, that puts it in line with the rest of the full-size SUVs out there. Have you priced top of the line Yukons / Suburbans lately?

I will have to say that I'm very pleasantly surprised by this announcement. As I stated earlier, I would have wagered money that Nissan was going to go the full-size CUV route on an extended Pathfinder platform, rather than re-purpose the Patrol platform for US sales. I for one will be paying my Nissan dealer a visit once these come out, but I'm also thinking, since my youngest child will be leaving the nest here in a couple of years, my next tow vehicle will be a truck rather than an SUV. Been looking really close at the GMC 2500 Denali with the Duramax diesel......:)

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
No joke! A loaded Tahoe/Suburban is over 70K sticker. Denali's are higher than that. Escalades are pushing 100K for the Platinum model. This market ain't cheap!!!!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I think you are right.....however, that puts it in line with the rest of the full-size SUVs out there. Have you priced top of the line Yukons / Suburbans lately?

I will have to say that I'm very pleasantly surprised by this announcement. As I stated earlier, I would have wagered money that Nissan was going to go the full-size CUV route on an extended Pathfinder platform, rather than re-purpose the Patrol platform for US sales. I for one will be paying my Nissan dealer a visit once these come out, but I'm also thinking, since my youngest child will be leaving the nest here in a couple of years, my next tow vehicle will be a truck rather than an SUV. Been looking really close at the GMC 2500 Denali with the Duramax diesel......:)
That's my thinking too, that it makes more sense to go with a truck once the need to haul so many bodies begins to dwindle...

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
The Denali Duramax Will be the new Titan XD biggest competition Price is similar, The Denali is very nice Possibly the Nicest truck built right now. The new Armada looks like the new Lexus or Forerunner for Interior size. That said I see a major mix of Q56/80 and Armadas around these parts. I mean a lot of Q's.. there every where so Price is not problem to sum. 70K for a top of the line SUV that's smaller than a Tahoe just don't make sense to me but Luxury sales and the Infinities are very Luxury. My wife don't like the tube look of the Q or the new Armada so I am lucky she don't want to Trade in the 2015 Armada. I do like the 7 speed and more HP/Torque specs on Regular gas options. Inside cabin looks more Luxury too..The range rover and land rover seems to be similar popular for around these parts. I picked the wrong career for sure..

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

I agree with the comparison to the other full size top-of-the-line SUVs being priced higher, but could Nissan sustain that big of a jump in the span of six months?

Pricing out a 2015 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve 4x4 with captain's chairs and the premium white paint on their website now comes in at $56,710 total (although that doesn't include a moon roof since they stopped producing those with the final run of the 2015 Armadas).

Could they really command $14k more for a moon roof, more HP engine, and nicer safety/warning features? Seems like a big jump, although I agree that it would still be reasonable compared to others in this class.

A Tahoe 4x4 LTZ with most options (except "Power Rectractable Assist Steps") comes in at $71,460...

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Unless I am missing something the new 2017 looks way smaller more like a 4runner smaller compared to the Escalade, Denali, Tahoe, Expedition, 2015 Armada SUV'S for the price not sure if this will go over to well with the buying crowds. If I'm a doctor and can afford a 100K Infinity QX not sure if I'll down grade the luxury for a Nissan looking Q with less Luxury, What crowd or buyer is new Nissan Armada appealing to.

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Unless I am missing something the new 2017 looks way smaller more like a 4runner smaller compared to the Escalade, Denali, Tahoe, Expedition, 2015 Armada SUV'S for the price not sure if this will go over to well with the buying crowds. If I'm a doctor and can afford a 100K Infinity QX not sure if I'll down grade the luxury for a Nissan looking Q with less Luxury, What crowd or buyer is new Nissan Armada appealing to.
You're missing something. >:D

Looks can be deceiving- did you know the current Acadia/Traverse have the same interior room as a Tahoe/Yukon? The Tahoe/Yukons look so much bigger but they're not on the inside.

Look at current QX80 dimensions and they match up with with SWB Escalade, Denali, Tahoe, Expedition, etc.

Chevy and Ford both run the Nissan/Infiniti differences (Armada v. QX80) as well. They need to keep the price gap to 6-9K between comparable models. That creates a market for both and differentiates buyers.

As an Infiniti owner (and future shopper), I don't like the striking resemblances between the QX80 and new Armada. I wish they went more like GM where they clearly differentiated the new Escalade (especially the interior) from the lower level Yukon/Denali and Tahoe.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I like the front... Not the rear exterior so much..

But after having the opportunity to drive a qx 80 in the past I feel most will be very pleased with the quality and performance ....

And yes at the time the $52k I paid for my new 14' Plat 4x4 is now officially a thing of the past.... I can remember the dealer had four all the exact same color and options 2 14's and 2 15's. The 15's were like $8500 higher!!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
You're missing something. >:D

Looks can be deceiving- did you know the current Acadia/Traverse have the same interior room as a Tahoe/Yukon? The Tahoe/Yukons look so much bigger but they're not on the inside.

Look at current QX80 dimensions and they match up with with SWB Escalade, Denali, Tahoe, Expedition, etc.

Chevy and Ford both run the Nissan/Infiniti differences (Armada v. QX80) as well. They need to keep the price gap to 6-9K between comparable models. That creates a market for both and differentiates buyers.

As an Infiniti owner (and future shopper), I don't like the striking resemblances between the QX80 and new Armada. I wish they went more like GM where they clearly differentiated the new Escalade (especially the interior) from the lower level Yukon/Denali and Tahoe.
Thanks for Clarifying the cabin room, Looks are deceiving for sure.. We had a ford 1997 4x4 Expedition before the 2010 platinum Armada we got and my wife kept telling me the Expedition had more room. its very close. We tested out the 2015 Tahoe, Surburban,Expedition and Sequia before we decided on Trading the 2010 for the 2015 Platinum 4x4 Armada, To me the Armada felt lighter and more Peppier than any of the other big SUV's. The new Armada should be a hoot to drive with the extra power. You made my point about the Higher end luxury models vs the similar more economical suv models. The 55K Armada is the most and even more than I wanted to pay . I feel like I got the best Bang for the buck buying the 2015 Armada anyone seen pricing on the Newer patrol Armada or the Gas Titans. I think the Patrol would be great competition for the Land rover and could've demanded a Higher price than just re branding it as the Armada. I just have always thought some and especially the Media had the Armada way under rated . Some due to fuel mileage that the newer armada's should address with the 7 speed no doubt if our 2015 had a 7 speed it could get 21mpg similar to the GM cylinder drop out engines. Guess me and my wife are way old school as we like ours better than the new design Armada or anything else on the market today and its over 10 years old.. Next would be the Newer Tahoe or Expedition ..crazy I guess.
Although this new Armada has bad to the bone new features, This video says alot about the direction of Nissan, Another big announcement soon.. If my wife liked the New Design and price was right it would be hard not to want the upgrades. So this Patrol is even longer than ours and same amount of room according to this vid..hmmmm
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/us-united-states-nissan-models-armada/videos?query

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Thanks for Clarifying the cabin room, Looks are deceiving for sure.. We had a ford 1997 4x4 Expedition before the 2010 platinum Armada we got and my wife kept telling me the Expedition had more room. its very close. We tested out the 2015 Tahoe, Surburban,Expedition and Sequia before we decided on Trading the 2010 for the 2015 Platinum 4x4 Armada, To me the Armada felt lighter and more Peppier than any of the other big SUV's. The new Armada should be a hoot to drive with the extra power. You made my point about the Higher end luxury models vs the similar more economical suv models. The 55K Armada is the most and even more than I wanted to pay . I feel like I got the best Bang for the buck buying the 2015 Armada anyone seen pricing on the Newer patrol Armada or the Gas Titans. I think the Patrol would be great competition for the Land rover and could've demanded a Higher price than just re branding it as the Armada. I just have always thought some and especially the Media had the Armada way under rated . Some due to fuel mileage that the newer armada's should address with the 7 speed no doubt if our 2015 had a 7 speed it could get 21mpg similar to the GM cylinder drop out engines. Guess me and my wife are way old school as we like ours better than the new design Armada or anything else on the market today and its over 10 years old.. Next would be the Newer Tahoe or Expedition ..crazy I guess.
Although this new Armada has bad to the bone new features, This video says alot about the direction of Nissan, Another big announcement soon.. If my wife liked the New Design and price was right it would be hard not to want the upgrades. So this Patrol is even longer than ours and same amount of room according to this vid..hmmmm
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/channels/us-united-states-nissan-models-armada/videos?query
Similar thoughts as mine. If it's really the same or close enough dimensions inside, and only lacking 500 lbs towing capacity (8500 vs 9000), I could see myself going for one of these in a few years if I get the upgrade bug. Though I would more likely lean towards a crew cab diesel truck for towing TT.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
If the platinum model gets priced at $70k then there is now ay Nissan can justify it. The outgoing model topped at $56k, typically year on year pricing jumps are not $13k. In 2000 a Land Cruiser was $65k, today its $85k so 16 years and $20k increase. Nissan cannot justify or expect to sell Armada's at $70k unless they plan to jump the QX80 top of the line above $100k+. Its like Volkswagen selling the Toureg Lux at $60++ when the Audi is not much more than that, why would you bother.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Hi Raptor - I agree with your logic about why they shouldn't price it that high, but I still think that there's no way that the price isn't going to jump quite a bit from the 2015 Armadas.

Given the extra HP, all the safety bells and whistles, (what should be) much better mileage with the new 7 speed, and a far better interior over the '15's that had not been refreshed in like 8+ years (I think that's how long it had been - maybe longer). Plus, won't the most direct comparison to this vehicle be a Tahoe 4x4 LTZ? That vehicle is $71.4k with most options (except Power Retractable Assist Steps).

Since the '15s topped out at around $56k, my guess is that these will top out at $65-$66k -- but that's a pure guess. I'm surprised we have not heard more on this given they should be on the lots within 60 days.

One thing that was weird: for the last few months since they previewed at the Chicago Auto Show, they have said "arriving late summer", then yesterday I saw it now says "arriving this Fall". Not sure if that means they were originally planning late August and it slipped to September or what.

P.S. I posted a video on the other thread of two of the new Armadas from Tennessee spotted in Houston. Although one of them was the ugly burnt orange color one, and the blue one is not very visible and it looked like the lower model down.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts