Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I have to agree Viking967, but one can hope, dream and be optimistic they won't simply gouge because they can. I mean its a new vehicle to a degree, but its not really. Its the global platform for the Nissan Patrol so they already have the overall design engineered, and being built. They are adding the Titan engine so they are opting for a different power plant and transmission so that must be a lower cost factor than the Patrol/QX80. Most importantly these safety features are becoming a requirement, and are on all of Nissan's other SUV's with minimal increase in costs so the overall engineering was done for them so cost should not be a huge burden.

IF Nissan plans to move a lot of these in SL/Platinum models then jacking the price 10-20% simply won't work unless they are planning on big discounts to move them. I did look at the Tahoe LTZ and the standard configuration was about $66k in 4x4 version but Nissan can move more units and gain more marketshare by pricing below the US competitors. Besides I would happily drive this Armada for 8-10 years and feel like it will still be going strong, the Tahoe, no real confidence in its abilities or longevity. I grew up on GM vehicles and quickly realized why everyone started buying import. GM has come back but its very easy for them to get sloppy and greedy and blame the prices on the union wages. Nissan doesn't have that issue fortunately.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
So looking at the 2016 Armada pricing, a 4x2 starts at $38,510 and a 4x4 starts at $43,810. IF, Nissan is starting the 4x2 version at $45,395 then they are off their rocker to think anyone is going to pay $6,885 more over last year, that is a huge jump in price with a 17% increase year over year. Now if the pricing Autoweek put out is for the 4x4 model starting price (since I don't see them testing a 4x2 version on that off road course) then its more realistic with a modest 3.6% increase year over year which is $1585 more.

Of course they also said when it goes on sale this fall, which is another rumor that has been whispered its been delayed which is odd since its the Patrol/QX80. Really sucks if they delay it since that will only give dealers more time to drag out any price negotiations.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I predict (1) reviews will start coming out on this on Monday, (2) it will be on dealers lots by 8-31, and (3) pricing will quite a bit higher than some on this board expect, but reasonable when compared to a similarly loaded Tahoe.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts