Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve owned a 2017 Armada Platinum for two years. Awesome SUV with a few annoying audio/visual issues. (No HDMI input? No CarPlay? No dedicated button for Bluetooth audio connection?)

Here’s the issue: when I start the car, it takes a minimum of 60-90 seconds for Bluetooth audio to engage my iPhone. It brings up a message that says: “Gary’s iPhone stopped.” After the obligatory waiting period, it works just fine. I’ve googled this extensively, but could find no solution. It does this with any phone. I’ve disconnected and reconnected multiple times with no success. My iPhone connects instantaneously in my wife’s much older 2013 Sienna. Any thoughts on how to resolve this annoying issue?

Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
I dont count but It normally takes about 15 ish seconds for my 2012 qx to connect to my head unit. I don’t have an iphone so i can speak on that (i do have an iPad maybe I can try to test) , so thats not normal for sure.

Do you have multiple phones added in the Bluetooth list? It could be that the car is cycling through the list of phones to see which one is there to connect to and this may be adding to the delay.

Other than that, there may be a TSB on the radio headunit , so give a Nissan dealer a call with you VIN to find out. Ive seen tsb on this befor in older model years so its possible...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont count but It normally takes about 15 ish seconds for my 2012 qx to connect to my head unit. I don’t have an iphone so i can speak on that (i do have an iPad maybe I can try to test) , so thats not normal for sure.

Do you have multiple phones added in the Bluetooth list? It could be that the car is cycling through the list of phones to see which one is there to connect to and this may be adding to the delay.

Other than that, there may be a TSB on the radio headunit , so give a Nissan dealer a call with you VIN to find out. Ive seen tsb on this befor in older model years so its possible...
Thanks! I’ll check out those potentials and report back. I’m pretty sure I only have one phone connected. It has done this since day one so I doubt it’s a multiple phone issue. It will take over a Bluetooth phone call almost immediately, but playing from the phone’s audio takes 60-90 seconds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no other phones or devices connect. Also, the dealership tells me there are no updates available.

The average wait time from ignition to the Bluetooth working is about 95 seconds. I had one that was just shy of two minutes yesterday. Any other ideas? Anybody else experiencing this with iPhone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are no other phones or devices connect. Also, the dealership tells me there are no updates available.

The average wait time from ignition to the Bluetooth working is about 95 seconds. I had one that was just shy of two minutes yesterday. Any other ideas? Anybody else experiencing this with iPhone?
My wife has been complaining about this for a while.. The dealer said the same thing. No recalls or TSB.. It's a shame. That's probably the only thing my wife hates about the car..

·
Premium Member
6 Posts

I have the same problem. I have to go to. Settings on the dash and go down to Bluetooth and then if it is an option go down to audio select that and try to find my phone. Often when I go down to select phone I get nothing. Even when I am connected playing music. I stop and get out for a minute. I have to try to repeat the process again. We have had this car for 2 years and I still am just guessing

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
what you are likely experiencing is normal for the system. the bluetooth connection is just slow, especially so if you have not been in the car with the device for a while.

since we all have different scenarios, if you have multiple devices connected in the list and you are connecting a device that was not the last used device, this can create some delay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts