Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear of my 2017 Armada Platinum is sagging. I changed the battery on Wednesday, and noticed the sagging two days later (it could have been sagging the very next day but I didn’t notice it). Before troubleshooting to see if the air compressor suspension needs replacing, is there something that I should be checking in relation to changing the battery?

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Installing a new battery shouldn't have caused the rear air leveling suspension to lose air. You can always spray a soap+water solution where the air hoses connect to the air compressor and air leveling shocks just to rule out any leaks. If that all check outs, then the compressor and height leveling sensor would be next. If not a dealership, find a reputable shop that utilizes a full range scan tool. It'll be able to read and scan for any DTCs related to the rear air leveling suspension.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Installing a new battery shouldn't have caused the rear air leveling suspension to lose air. You can always spray a soap+water solution where the air hoses connect to the air compressor and air leveling shocks just to rule out any leaks. If that all check outs, then the compressor and height leveling sensor would be next. If not a dealership, find a reputable shop that utilizes a full range scan tool. It'll be able to read and scan for any DTCs related to the rear air leveling suspension.
Thanks for the quick reply. After searching this website and others for days, the reason why I’m starting at the changing of the battery first, is I’ve seen a few posts that say the compressor is plugged in (for lack of a better word) behind the battery, and I’m wondering if it was unplugged or messed with on accident. I’m having a hard time finding a diagram of what that plug in/fuse looks like.
Sorry if this isn’t using correct terms.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Unlike the first gen trucks, your 2017 armada, just like my QX80 doesn't have the relays for the rear air leveling suspension located next to the battery. The fuse and relay for this system are located in the fuse and relay boxes in the engine bay, passenger side.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 5 of 5 Posts