Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started working on a new project and figured I would start a thread to show progress
Sky Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

New to us -- 2017 Armada-- you can see the rear sag starting, it sits about 2-3" lower than the front
New wheels are next...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

20" Fuel Rims with 32" BFG All Terrains
need to get rid of this chrome...it is just too much
so the beginning starts easy, I will be getting the front grill and window trim as well as the door handles vinyl wrapped soon, but I Hyper Dipped what I could....
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Now to work on this Rear A$$ sagging problem...
Found a shop to help get the Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs installed, looks cool
Raised it about 5"...
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Rear wheel (before)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Front Wheel--Before...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

After Lift--Rear
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

After Lift Front
It rides good, a little bouncy due to the springs, but once I get the front and rear bumpers installed, it should even out some.
the issue we have now is the rear Toe/Camber, rear wheels are not sitting right, I have new offset bushings and adjustable camber bolts coming and will update before and after pics soon.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
I have started working on a new project and figured I would start a thread to show progress
View attachment 51027
New to us -- 2017 Armada-- you can see the rear sag starting, it sits about 2-3" lower than the front
New wheels are next...
View attachment 51028
20" Fuel Rims with 32" BFG All Terrains
need to get rid of this chrome...it is just too much
so the beginning starts easy, I will be getting the front grill and window trim as well as the door handles vinyl wrapped soon, but I Hyper Dipped what I could....
View attachment 51029 View attachment 51030 View attachment 51031
Now to work on this Rear A$$ sagging problem...
Found a shop to help get the Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs installed, looks cool
Raised it about 5"...
View attachment 51032
Rear wheel (before)
View attachment 51033
Front Wheel--Before...
View attachment 51034
After Lift--Rear
View attachment 51035
After Lift Front
It rides good, a little bouncy due to the springs, but once I get the front and rear bumpers installed, it should even out some.
the issue we have now is the rear Toe/Camber, rear wheels are not sitting right, I have new offset bushings and adjustable camber bolts coming and will update before and after pics soon.
Good project! The “after” shot of the front and rear wheelwell measurements look drastically different (for the better). I bet it’s a beast coming down the road. Should easily fit 33’s or 35’s right? 33’s are basically stock height I think. Looking good.

Reactions: TexasSean

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good project! The “after” shot of the front and rear wheel well measurements look drastically different (for the better). I bet it’s a beast coming down the road. Should easily fit 33’s or 35’s right? 33’s are basically stock height I think. Looking good.
yes, I think 35" are in my future this next summer. I really like that when I see the other 1,000 or so Armadas cruising down the freeway, that mine does not look like any of them!!
#GottaBeMe

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Why in the world is there an AWD badge on this? AWD does not equal 4WD
I don't think that's a Nissan emblem, right? And what's your point? So AWD is an active system that delivers power to the corner where it senses traction, right. Then reduces power to the corner where the slippage is taking place. I know they're not the same but there is still power delivered to all four corners, just in a different manner. I bet Sean knows the semantics of 4WD, lockers, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh I thought that was a Nissan badge, my point it's like people thinking BMW's have V6 engines. Sure they both have 6 cylinders that go up and down to spin a crankshaft, but they are not the same. Coming from a Mercedes GL I can tell you 4WD and AWD are not the same

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
The Y62 is AWD right from the start. But since the Y62 also has the 4HI and 4LO drive options, it technically is 4WD as well.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Oh I thought that was a Nissan badge, my point it's like people thinking BMW's have V6 engines. Sure they both have 6 cylinders that go up and down to spin a crankshaft, but they are not the same. Coming from a Mercedes GL I can tell you 4WD and AWD are not the same
Yeah - they sell so many badges on Amazon now. And they all look factory. For $10-$20 you can add just about any badge that you want. To each his own.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
No it is 4WD not AWD just because it has automatic 4WD doesn't make it AWD.
So what is the distinction that you would stand by? I don't try to prove Primo wrong...

Reactions: TexasSean

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well the most obvious difference is that AWD uses 3 differentials while 4wd uses 2 differentials and a transfer case. Easy way to prove this is force a 4WD car into 4WD and make a slow turn with your wheels at the lock. You will hear the tires scrubbing, this is because there's no center differential. AWD cars will never do this as the front and rear axles can turn at a different rate.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
So what is the distinction that you would stand by? I don't try to prove Primo wrong...
Apparently, I'm not always right :(. Nazrac is correct about 3 differentials in AWD vehicles because I remember my 2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro had front, center and rear differentials.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why in the world is there an AWD badge on this? AWD does not equal 4WD
Why in the world does it matter? 🤷‍♂️
but to answer since this thread has been blown up 💥
to me AWD has a few meanings when it comes to the car world, one could assume AWD=All Wheel Drive, while another would think AWD=Auto Wheel Drive and some may not know at all, my wife is in that category and then have the 3% who do not give a 💩.. 😅
I will say that since my selector inside says "Auto" I figured I was safe with going with AWD. 🏆
White Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your right I should just put a V12 badge on my car as well, I mean it's a 6 cylinder with two turbos, at 18psig boost which is more than double atmospheric pressure effectively doubling my cylinder count. I have automatic windshield wiper device on my car I will throw an AWWD badge on my car. Hey it's your car do what you want but from a car purist point of view it looks dumb. Oh and Auto Wheel Drive, that's not a thing.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your right I should just put a V12 badge on my car as well, I mean it's a 6 cylinder with two turbos, at 18psig boost which is more than double atmospheric pressure effectively doubling my cylinder count. I have automatic windshield wiper device on my car I will throw an AWWD badge on my car. Hey it's your car do what you want but from a car purist point of view it looks dumb. Oh and Auto Wheel Drive, that's not a thing.
To each their own and relax, it's just a emblem... ✌

*you're :cool:

Automatic Wheel Drive is a thing... :geek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am fine I am not the one freaking out, but Automatic AWD is not Auto Wheel Drive, do what you want but I don't like badges in the first place unless that are factory and even then that's questionable. Put an M badge on a non M BMW and you will get flamed and rightfully so, it's very distasteful. AWD is a downgrade from 4WD at least when it comes to doing what these were designed to do.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am fine I am not the one freaking out, but Automatic AWD is not Auto Wheel Drive, do what you want but I don't like badges in the first place unless they are factory and even then that's questionable. Put an M badge on a non M BMW and you will get flamed and rightfully so, it's very distasteful. AWD is a downgrade from 4WD at least when it comes to doing what these were designed to do.
POINT TAKEN, I was really not trying to do any malice, I totally agree with your example of the BMW "M" and you are absolutely correct, I would 💥 anyone's car I see like that, so the AWD has been officially removed and honestly it looks better with no badges, I think the rest shall be removed this weekend!!! 😅:cool:
oh and thanks for the callout... lol

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
I am fine I am not the one freaking out, but Automatic AWD is not Auto Wheel Drive, do what you want but I don't like badges in the first place unless that are factory and even then that's questionable. Put an M badge on a non M BMW and you will get flamed and rightfully so, it's very distasteful. AWD is a downgrade from 4WD at least when it comes to doing what these were designed to do.
❄❄❄

1 - 19 of 19 Posts