Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to posting I investigated as much as I could on how this works, with that I was not able to get my questions answered. Does anyone have the Factory Service Manual for a 2017 they can share? I have noticed my front stance is at 36" and my rear is at 35", when i have passengers the rear drops and does not level itself back. I went to the dealership which the Manager stayed inside and notified me without seeing the vehicle that my truck may not have air suspension, I notified him it does and offered to give him my VIN which he then proceeded to state that anything over 1000lbs it will not work. I obviously don't believe this and I suspect he didn't want to actively look at my issue, I am now looking for documentation on how this should work.

1. What is the factory ride height for a 2017?
2. How does the auto level feature work?

Anyones help is greatly appreciated, please understand I am looking for documents I can provide to him so I can have better "footing".

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I can't speak too much on the 2017 since I only have a 2008, but maybe providing info on mine will help you with yours.

1. The ride height is adjustable on autoleveling suspension. It may be that yours isn't set properly if the rear is lower than the front. I tweaked mine so my rear is about 1/2" higher than the front (I feel it provides a better stance and prevents the rear from looking like it's sagging). This can be done using the ride height sensor, which one side is mounted to the frame and the other side is mounted to the driver's rear lower control arm. You just pop off one arm from one side of the sensor, lengthen or shorten (I can't remember which one is used to raise the height) the arm by turning it, then pop it back on the sensor. You can see an example of the height sensor on this thread.

2. My autolevel will use the sensor mentioned above to gauge when the vehicle needs to add or remove air from the system. It does typically wait about 30 seconds before activating the compressor, just to make sure it isn't something temporary, like off-roading or a pothole. So once you have enough weight in the back that trips the sensor, it will typically take about 30 seconds before the compressor kicks in. You can manually activate the compressor by popping off the arm (as mentioned above) and raising or lowering it and wait the 30 seconds or so it takes for the compressor to kick in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your info is greatly appreciated, I did a 350 mile run with passengers and a sagging tail end, disappointed.
Was hoping to get the FSM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Prior to posting I investigated as much as I could on how this works, with that I was not able to get my questions answered. Does anyone have the Factory Service Manual for a 2017 they can share? I have noticed my front stance is at 36" and my rear is at 35", when i have passengers the rear drops and does not level itself back. I went to the dealership which the Manager stayed inside and notified me without seeing the vehicle that my truck may not have air suspension, I notified him it does and offered to give him my VIN which he then proceeded to state that anything over 1000lbs it will not work. I obviously don't believe this and I suspect he didn't want to actively look at my issue, I am now looking for documentation on how this should work.

Anyones help is greatly appreciated, please understand I am looking for documents I can provide to him so I can have better "footing".
My experience with nissan dealer as well as by calling nissan North America technical center has been disappointing. No clue . Dealer simply changed (and charged) for a new height sensor. The car sags when switched off and looks ugly . The compressor pumps it back when I start the engine and sags again slowly when I turn off the ignition. My understanding is that is should retain its height.

I suspect there is leakage in the air suspension that causes this sag - full- sag episode every time I go for a ride

My experience with nissan dealer as well as by calling nissan North America technical center has been disappointing. No clue . Dealer simply changed (and charged) for a new height sensor. The car sags when switched off and looks ugly . The compressor pumps it back when I start the engine and sags again slowly when I turn off the ignition. My understanding is that is should retain its height.

I suspect there is leakage in the air suspension that causes this sag - full- sag episode every time I go for a ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts