Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I took my Armada 2017 with 29,000 miles to the dealer because the rear suspension is not working and the car is sagging in the rear. They diagnosed the problem as a bad ride height sensor. They wanted $860 to replace the sensor, a quick internet search showed the part was less than $300 and looked like an easy fix so I declined the service and figured I would fix it myself. After leaving the dealership I noticed the CK SUS light came on, prior to the dealer visit it was not on. Anyway put in the new ride height sensor and the rear suspension still does not work and the CK SUS light is still on. I bench tested the old ride height sensor and it is indeed not reading the correct ohms so I do believe that part is in fact bad but now am wondering if the dealer damaged something else when they were diagnosing the problem.
So can anyone tell me if there is a good shop manual for this car from Haynes or other? I paid for a PDF copy of what I assume is the Nissan service manual but it requires special software to run through the checklists when trouble shooting. Also kind of sucks this wasn't a warranty item, will follow up with Nissan but suspect due to year I think only drivetrain (engine and transmission) are covered beyond 3 years. I have to say this car has been very problematic, compared to my Sequoia this Nissan is trash!

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
47 Posts
I would get the Armada fixed and RUN. Sell it and get another Sequoia. Life’s too short to drive trash. Please…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would get the Armada fixed and RUN. Sell it and get another Sequoia. Life’s too short to drive trash. Please…
Sorry if the wording “trash” is too harsh but I am frustrated with the armada. It seems to have a lot of problems and the car is complex to work on. The reason I bought it is because I like the way it drives, for a large suv it feels athletic. I am just questioning the build quality now.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
The rear air leveling suspension has to go thru a reset/relearn procedure via Nissan’s Consult tool or a full range scan tool at an independent shop.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have nissan armada 2017 platinum just new of this car.. I'm using it for just 1 month then the rear air suspension has been down.. but when I started the engine the compressor kick on.. after compressor off the bag started to deflation with in a 60 second and its very low..again if I turn off the engine then turn on again the compressor kick on.. after the compressor off again it will deflation..the relay good the compressor good the sensor good..I check any leak into the line no leak show... can any body give help here... thank you guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts