Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After much lurking I finally figure it was time to introduce myself and the hunting Armada! Sorry for any English errors, it's not my native tongue.

Here it is the day I got it, next to my old ride. I had a Toyota 4Runner 2011 trail edition. The 4Runner was a beast, but it was starting to get a lot of major problems and I wanted to move into something bigger. I always like the Armada and I was watching for lease returns and ended up with this 2017 platinum with captain chairs.

As soon as I got it I put some WeatherTec (they fit really nicely) and some winter tires on it and then took the Armada to the hunting camp the next day. Brought the Atv and then a bunch of firewood.

20201007_160522.jpg

As you can probably see in the carwash picture above, the rear air suspension had failed. Ended up being a seized compressor release valve and had to install a new one.

I would like to thank @TundraOnKings for the inspiration for a bunch of mods that I did. I replace all the interior lights with LEDs, replaced the high beams and the reverse lights with LEDs as well. If you want pictures and How To's, I suggest you visit his amazing thread : 2020 MomMobile - hopefully lifted on 35’s soon | Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums (clubarmada.com)

Installed some Yakima roof bars for future trips recently and I think it looks great.
20210412_183546.jpg
20210412_183624.jpg

Future mods are 265/70/R20 E load Nokian Rotiva AT plus tires to handle the 1500-2000km (950-1250 miles) of offroad I do each year and also some black plasti dip for the mirrors. I liked the chrome on this vehicle in general but I find the mirrors too much.

I will update this thread periodically and I will try to answer any comments or questions.

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
21 Posts
Hi,

After much lurking I finally figure it was time to introduce myself and the hunting Armada! Sorry for any English errors, it's not my native tongue.

Here it is the day I got it, next to my old ride. I had a Toyota 4Runner 2011 trail edition. The 4Runner was a beast, but it was starting to get a lot of major problems and I wanted to move into something bigger. I always like the Armada and I was watching for lease returns and ended up with this 2017 platinum with captain chairs.
View attachment 50185

As soon as I got it I put some WeatherTec (they fit really nicely) and some winter tires on it and then took the Armada to the hunting camp the next day. Brought the Atv and then a bunch of firewood.
View attachment 50189
View attachment 50190
View attachment 50192
View attachment 50188
View attachment 50186
View attachment 50187
As you can probably see in the carwash picture above, the rear air suspension had failed. Ended up being a seized compressor release valve and had to install a new one.

I would like to thank @TundraOnKings for the inspiration for a bunch of mods that I did. I replace all the interior lights with LEDs, replaced the high beams and the reverse lights with LEDs as well. If you want pictures and How To's, I suggest you visit his amazing thread : 2020 MomMobile - hopefully lifted on 35’s soon | Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums (clubarmada.com)

Installed some Yakima roof bars for future trips recently and I think it looks great.
View attachment 50193 View attachment 50194

Future mods are 265/70/R20 E load Nokian Rotiva AT plus tires to handle the 1500-2000km (950-1250 miles) of offroad I do each year and also some black plasti dip for the mirrors. I liked the chrome on this vehicle in general but I find the mirrors too much.

I will update this thread periodically and I will try to answer any comments or questions.
Looks great!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great!
Thank you!

Little update.

Got the new tires install yesterday! And of course, I got to test them right away ;) Yes that is snow in the background of the first pic, we are getting some late April snow. but it will just make thinks more interesting.

I hooked up a trailer, put my atv in it and about to head out for the weekend. Will hopefully have some pic when I get back.

Here's the load that we had to carry.

Didn't grab a pic once the trailer was loaded since it started raining pretty hard.
I was very happy with the Armada, it had no problem pulling the trailer in the mud and the rocks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
@ TheDo114
Very nice! You'll love the Armada! We are extremely happy with ours so far. We are racking up the miles and loving it. Especially since we didn't spend $75K on a Tahoe like all of our friends :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the Armada is going in the dealer for the rear suspension again...

Will update this thread once they figure out what's happening.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well the Armada is going in the dealer for the rear suspension again...

Will update this thread once they figure out what's happening.
Are you having issues? If so, what's going on? Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you having issues? If so, what's going on? Good luck!
Yeah had to change the compressor in March. Now the rear suspension control/level unit went out. It shorted and burned itself.

Got it fixed and now everything is working again and the truck goes way higher than after the compressor fix so it's a plus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts