Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, I picked up a used 2017 Armada few months back. I like the truck and been looking at this forum since then. My rear suspension seems to sit lower (31" at wheel well) then the front (36"). It may have been like this when I bought it but it gets noticeable when parked a little uphill. I have gone through the forum and pretty much every other thread in this section is about this issue. I tried to adjust the bolt next to height sensor and it didn't make any difference.
  • Car was in my garage not lifted on jack when I adjusted the bolt
  • turned the truck on, took it for a short drive, let it idle, no compressor kicking in
Looked at the connector that plugs into air compressor to see if I can hook up 12v direct and test, it has 4 wires and I cant seem to figure out which one is which, this does need more testing from my end.

I have found from discussion here that it can generate a OBD error and that can prevent the compressor from kicking on till cleared. It needs Nissan connect (dealer) to clear it or I have seen another Autel MP series reader mentioned here that can read this code/setting as well. Similar model I can see in Amazon Canada sells for over $1000.

Does anyone know if there is another app/software/tool that is cheaper and can detect and reset these Air leveling suspension codes? I have tried Torque Pro (advanced ex for Nissan plugin) and couple other android apps and cant figure it out. Also tried a cheaper Autel OBD reader but cant figure it out. I have a Bluetooth OBDII reader that can work with android or PC.

My next step is to go to dealer but I would prefer to have a tool that I can use as this seems to be fairly common issue and may return even after replacing sensor/relay/compressor.

On another note, Is there an option to get the rear suspension lifted, would that work. I dont have any issues with the way it handles right now and its only an issue as I would like to occasionally hook up a trailer. Plus I hate the sagging look :(

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Outside of Nissan's Consult, a full range scan tool is the only option. It'll be able to read any DTCs related to the rear air leveling suspension and reset/relearn the ride height as per the OE service manual.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
16 Posts
I do know that the Fusion OBD app can read the codes from the suspension module, but I don't remember if it can clear them. Other things to check would be the fuse(s) and relay for the compressor. The compressor should kick on 30 seconds after the engine has started, while in Park.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Most of the time sag is due to a sticky valve in the suspension compressor. It’s a piece of junk and Nissan hasn’t done a thing to improve it. I’ve seen 2021s with saggy butts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts