Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I recently purchased a 2018 Armada SL and am searching for skid plates. I see the only skid plate on the vehicle that comes from the factory covers radiator and is very thin. Ive reached out to several after market companies and none make or are interested in making skid plates for the Armada.

There are few options if you want to order internationally but am wondering if:
1- Are there US based companies making skid plates?
2- Will skid plates for the patrol Y62 fit the US Armada?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Calmini is supposed to come out with Armada stuff from the Mountain Patrol concept. I would assume skid plates are also in the works.

They have only told me “soon”. We’ll see I suppose.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any word on this? Many vulnerable components down low on these. I've done aftermarket skids on my 4runner and Tundra. They saved me a few times with very mild wheeling or just getting to a camp spot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've searched high and low. I can get a set of Patrol plates shipped here for around $2k!.
If no one has any other options I plan to bring my Armada to a local aluminum fabricator and see if we can come up with a simple front plate.
I really don't like the oil and tranny pans exposed so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've searched high and low. I can get a set of Patrol plates shipped here for around $2k!.
If no one has any other options I plan to bring my Armada to a local aluminum fabricator and see if we can come up with a simple front plate.
I really don't like the oil and tranny pans exposed so much.

Any luck? I cannot find one company touching the new gen Armada.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been a little while. Anyone have any luck sourcing a nice skid plate?
Not luck with any local fabricator? A buddy of mine works on custom fabricator. Last time I helped him installing the brake kit and fuel wheels on his truck, he showed me the alum rear plates they've made for the local Jeep group. I'll ask if they make for Armada.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No one local that's interested or I would really trust to make a quality product. I have a few feelers out to fab shops that are very active in the Tundra community (my last vehicle).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts