Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I hate even talking about something like this, but has anyone found a cup holder insert that works well? The space for holding drinks is a terrible design.. water bottles just flop around in there.

Reactions: Hubcap

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Ok, I hate even talking about something like this, but has anyone found a cup holder insert that works well? The space for holding drinks is a terrible design.. water bottles just flop around in there.
I had the same issue with the cup holders, makes for a big mess if you dont have a lid. I am currently working on 3D printing some inserts that will fit in there and hold a normal size cup/can. I have the sizes dialed in, just working on getting the insulation figured out.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I had the same issue with the cup holders, makes for a big mess if you dont have a lid. I am currently working on 3D printing some inserts that will fit in there and hold a normal size cup/can. I have the sizes dialed in, just working on getting the insulation figured out.
I know what you are saying about the cup holders. They look like they are made to hold 2 litre bottles.

Will you make the stl file of your cup holder public? Id be real interested in printing one myself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Also plastic bottles rattle alot and create unwanted noise..

I found a cup insert on amazon.. will try it out and see if it makes it any better

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
here is some life hack idea, you may like it :)
go to YouTube and search for "Life Hack - Drink Cup Holder Too Big?"
I actually used the idea and got from amazon an item "3 Pcs Neoprene Insulated Travel Sleeves for Wine"
it fills the hole, but I did not cut it on half, cut about 1/3 from the edge, cut the hand handles but left the curved side. it come as a pack of 3 so if still does not fill the cup holder the way you would prefer, you'll still have the third sleeve to play with

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
here is some life hack idea, you may like it :)

go to YouTube and search for "Life Hack - Drink Cup Holder Too Big?"

I actually used the idea and got from amazon an item "3 Pcs Neoprene Insulated Travel Sleeves for Wine"

it fills the hole, but I did not cut it on half, cut about 1/3 from the edge, cut the hand handles but left the curved side. it come as a pack of 3 so if still does not fill the cup holder the way you would prefer, you'll still have the third sleeve to play with
And do you glue these to the cup holder?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi Alex,
I am wondering if you had any luck with the 3D printing? if so, would you be willing to share the file?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, drove me crazy. I ordered this from amazon - cut out and created my own
Black Self-stick Adhesive 10" x 10" EVA High Density Foam Sheets

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coming back to this... I noticed that the 2020 Armada has a different cupholder insert with spring type holders...(so does the 2020 Infiniti QX80) - going to do some digging and see if the new holder will fit...

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Patroler - I'll take a look at those..

Here is what I was talking about though.. the 2020 Armada has a different cupholder insert with springs.. this would be ideal if it would work in our existing console, but I can't seem to
2020 cupholder - armada.png
find it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts