Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it seems its a popular problem in both Titans and Armada. I've noticed today that my engine knocks as well. I'm wondering can anyone make a video of their 'normal engine' sound at the wheels? Plenty of videos of knocking but could find nothing about normal operation.

P.S

Video of my engine at the well. Very light knocking sound in park but it does louden up in reverse and drive. Best heard towards the very end of the video. As per marctronixx request.

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
i could not hear any "knock" in your video. can you post up an exact time in the video that it really makes the noise you hear? the engine sounds normal to me.

do you have the maintenance records on it? did you just get it or have you had it a while? apologies if i missed your other posts about this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i could not hear any "knock" in your video. can you post up an exact time in the video that it really makes the noise you hear? the engine sounds normal to me.

do you have the maintenance records on it? did you just get it or have you had it a while? apologies if i missed your other posts about this.

Here is a better video when pushed into reverse and drive.

·
Super Moderator
5,554 Posts
still didnt hear anything and I appreciate you making the video - perhaps we need other ears to hear this because the second one still sounded normal. I AM listening through some laptop speakers at the moment so if its low in tone i wont hear it off here...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still didnt hear anything and I appreciate you making the video - perhaps we need other ears to hear this because the second one still sounded normal. I AM listening through some laptop speakers at the moment so if its low in tone i wont hear it off here...
I posted same videos on Titan thread, they cant seem to hear it either. Looks like I'm just paranoid! Thank you though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is video in reverse at the wheel well. This is the one concerning me the most.

It goes away when stuck into park = higher rpms and thats what my dealer said means it could not be a scored cylinder and that this is fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My knock in my 2018 Armada was so light it was hard to hear over the injectors. The service guy heard it and scoped cylinder 7 finding damage. Ours has near 50k miles and honestly sounds the same to me as when it had 20k miles.

If you tell your dealer you hear a knock he’s supposed to scope the cylinders. Knocks come and go in some cases but the damage is always present.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts