Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Armada that will intermittently not start. When you go to push the start button it will not do anything. Has anyone else seen this issue?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Brake switch? I'm only saying that because I've heard about it and researched it just a bit.

Look at the QX80 forums as well. Believe it's a known issue over there.

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
hello and welcome.
as mentioned, have a look at the brake switch. it could be the IPDM, cam position sensor, BCM. or (less likely) your fob.

get a code reader and scan for any trouble codes.

the car is still under warranty so you should take it in regardless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Armada that will intermittently not start. When you go to push the start button it will not do anything. Has anyone else seen this issue?
My 17 has done this along with other issues, BCI malfunction. Brake Switch was replaced in March and started having same problems this week. Just this morning it wouldn’t start. So frustrating at 20,500 miles a car load of kids to take to school and the $60,000 car won’t start. I am currently waiting on dealership to call me back with a time to bring my car in. Bad thing dealership is 1-1/2 away ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old post, but has anyone in this thread with push button start still having issues? Have they been solved and what was the fix? We have a 2018 SV AWD 20k on the ticker and are having intermittent no starts. Dealer replaced one key fob already, did not solve it. I replaced batteries as well. Most of the time its a no key recognized issue. This morning the parking brake warning on the dash was lit up. I released and reset the brake, released it again and it started. I will be changing the led bulbs in the overhead garage door opener to NON interfering bulbs as I was thinking this could be an issue. Also, I saw a youtube vid, guy with a lexus was getting periodic interference from his cell phone and says he keeps them separate now and hasn't had issues since. Very frustrating to say the least at 20k miles. Thanks for the input in advance. Jeff
Ps I will also look into the items listed in a the other post to see if I can narrow it down as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I happened to come across that thread yesterday and it looks like exactly the info I needed. Also, we are having intermittent traction control light on the dash as well which was described in that thread. Thank God for forums and the people that post info on them. I'm currently at the dealer dropping the Armada off right now and sharing the thread with the service writer and the mechanic. Thanks again. Jeff

So this is the thread I found yesterday that is directly related to the issues we are having with our 18 Armada SV.
17' Armada Frequently Won't Start, Not Sensing Brake Push, Traction Control Light Stays On

1 - 7 of 7 Posts