Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 18 Armada SL and love it, but I noticed that it holds the gears for longer then I'd like. It goes through the first 2 or 3 gears pretty quick and then for example, I'll be driving at 40 mph and my RPM's are at almost 2k. It won't shift into the next gear until I give it some gas and get up to almost 45 mph. I don't have the "tow mode" on and I'm not driving uphill or pulling anything. Does anyone else have something like that? I don't have a heavy foot and I always accelerate slowly. I'm curious if anyone can tell me at what speeds their transmission shifts from one gear to the next while driving the way I do.

·
Super Moderator
5,476 Posts
you can reset the ECM to relearn your shift points. over time, the car learns how you drive and adapts to that. there is an ecm reset procedure you can search for here. it is a accelerator pedal push/timing procedure you do. try this first before thinking something is wrong with the car. i would do this all the time on my 2012 qx (which is mechanically the same as your car since they are made on the same line in japan).

if the shifting does not change ( you SHOULD feel a difference) you may need a software update. other second gen armada owners have discussed this on this forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 18 Armada SL and love it, but I noticed that it holds the gears for longer then I'd like. It goes through the first 2 or 3 gears pretty quick and then for example, I'll be driving at 40 mph and my RPM's are at almost 2k. It won't shift into the next gear until I give it some gas and get up to almost 45 mph. I don't have the "tow mode" on and I'm not driving uphill or pulling anything. Does anyone else have something like that? I don't have a heavy foot and I always accelerate slowly. I'm curious if anyone can tell me at what speeds their transmission shifts from one gear to the next while driving the way I do.
Yes, that is normal. ECM reset will help a little with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts