Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a gently used, low miles Armada to replace my Tacoma. My wife and I are both 6’ and our 2 kids are catching us, so we needed something bigger. I had my Taco lifted and set up for off-road adventure. I’m looking to do the same with the Armada, but am finding it pretty difficult to find aftermarket support for items such as lifts and front and rear bumpers. I don’t want to go extreme with it, but I’d like a 2” front 1 1/2” rear leveling kit and a good front bumper with a good extraction point on it.
I didn’t put new wheels and tires on it and am happy with how they turned out! I put 33x12.5 on 20’s and they look pretty good in my opinion and clear well. Had to do a little trimming on the drivers front, but nothing major. I’m running Toyo OpenCountry All Terrains on Bronze Fuel Rebels.
I ordered a RhinoRack roof rack system.
If I can just work out a leveling kit and bumper, I’m going to like this much more than my Taco. So much more room and power!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I'm not a lift guy, but some searching shows lifted 2018's.
Perhaps you could contact this company and see if they offer any advice or kits:

Also, for leveling kits, a search turned up this kit for a 2018. I don't know what the quality is.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Those wheels and tires look awesome. Maybe the best I've seen.

You probably won't find a lot for the Armada in the way of off road / overlanding. If there is enough fitment overlap with the Patrol you may be able to find stuff, or at least see what is out there, by looking at the Australian market. Australian off road gear in general has been more and more available in the US over the last couple years.

Also, maybe try looking over at www.expeditionportal.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a lift guy, but some searching shows lifted 2018's.
Perhaps you could contact this company and see if they offer any advice or kits:

Also, for leveling kits, a search turned up this kit for a 2018. I don't know what the quality is.
The RockyRidge Armada’s look great! I looked into them, but it sounds like you would have to buy it already outfitted from one of the dealerships they work with. I found that they will install their kit on a used vehicle if you have less than 20k miles and mine already has 30k on it.

The ReadyLift front leveling kit will work for the front, but I’m trying to work out how to lift the rear up to keep the rake and clearance in the rear. The auto leveling complicates things. I’ve never had a vehicle with AL. I’m open for suggestions!

I’ve installed ReadyLift on Toyota’s, Dodge Rams and multiple Ford F-150. They’re a great product.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please update if you identify a larger/ replacement fuel tank. I know the titan has them but uncertain about armada fitament...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts