Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
A tranny drain and fill decreased my slight acceleration vibration on my front floor bed, pedals and steering wheel...shifter also. Also dramatically decreased my inclined driveway gear change from park to reverse when leaving my house. Not a solution but decreased it for me.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I wonder what is different about our trucks than, say, the Tahoe. The Tahoe I recently rented was so smooth and vibration free it made me jealous. Yes, the 5.3 was very low on power, but I would take less power if I could get the smoothness of a GM truck in my Armada.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just wonder how many owners feel this slight buzzing. It is so slight people may just overlook it. My Wife drives it and finds it perfectly normal. I am leaning toward torque converter..or cheap OEM mounts (tranny/engine). SMH...every week I lean towards something else being the culprit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our 2018 platinum is smooth as silk. We bought new good year wrangler tires for it pretty quickly maybe it’s the tires? I drive New Tahoe’s, suburbans, expeditions and f-150’s at work and the ride is better than all of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am going back to the dealership tomorrow to straighten out the alignment they did. My steering is definitely not straight since they touched it. I will go to another service advisor for some other ideas. Mind you, my buzz is very very slight but noticeable to me. My Brother In Law drove the car today and thinks I am losing it...my Wife does not sense it, smh. So, any new info I'll post.

Update. Just posted 2 or 3 paragraphs on another post about this so I'll make it short. Visited different dealership. Completed 2nd tranny drain and fill. I typically to 2 or 3 max back to back every 30k miles to keep fluid fresh there. They also drained and filled differential. Service rep said the car had loosened heat shields and they tightened them up. Problem solved. No more buzzing. It's hard to believe that other technician (previous dealership) did not catch the loosened heat shields although I mentioned the buzzing to them. Now since it is gone, I feel if it wasn't the heat shield, maybe the differential drain and fill helped or 2nd tranny drain and fill?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Update. Just posted 2 or 3 paragraphs on another post about this so I'll make it short. Visited different dealership. Completed 2nd tranny drain and fill. I typically to 2 or 3 max back to back every 30k miles to keep fluid fresh there. They also drained and filled differential. Service rep said the car had loosened heat shields and they tightened them up. Problem solved. No more buzzing. It's hard to believe that other technician (previous dealership) did not catch the loosened heat shields although I mentioned the buzzing to them. Now since it is gone, I feel if it wasn't the heat shield, maybe the differential drain and fill helped or 2nd tranny drain and fill?
Thanks for the update. I may crawl under the car today to check on the heat shield and then do a tranny drain and fill this weekend. What’s the mileage for when the manual calls for a normal change in tranny fluid? I’m assuming not until like 100k, right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the manual (2019), it actually states periodic maintenance is not required for Transmission fluid. Never seen that in a manual before. I guess it is trying to imply that is lifetime? As for differential fluid, it only states to inspect every 10k miles.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts