Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Sounds like worn out shocks. The previous Gen Armadas had the same problem...well, it's not really a problem, it's just plain ol wear and tear that requires occasional maintenance. The factory air shocks may very well still work fine for ride height adjustments, but internally they still have a traditional shock absorber that wears out just like any other standard shock.

Reactions: danielarand

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Do either of you get the front end lifting when you first accelerate or diving when braking? I am trying to judge whether it is more normal on a super soft and plush suspension and shock set up or if mine are worn. I did a quickie bounce test and they seemed to dampen the bounce fine. But I am curious if the lifting when you first accelerate is normal. Of course, how much can be somewhat subjective I suppose. My main vehicle is a 2010 Sierra and it rides more stiff, I feel every bump and there is little lift or dive with acceleration or braking. I love how smooth and soft the Armada is, and dont want to throw over $500 at it for front shocks/struts if it does not need them.
I experienced this on my '13. I tried the bounce test and had pretty much the same effect you described. But I suspect that the weight of the Armada, under acceleration or braking induced all kinds of forces we cant do with a simple bounce test resulting in that lifting and diving. I first replaced my front shocks first as I was avoiding touching the rear air shocks. The front shocks helped, but turns out the rear shocks really were my biggest culprit.

Reactions: nealinator
1 - 2 of 2 Posts