Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. Purchased my 18 Armada used at end of February 2019. Loving this truck. It had 7,444 miles on the odometer. On the highway, I'm getting 18 to 19 miles per gal at 75 mpgs. Don't know about all of the reviews in the big magazines about its poor gas mileage. I choose the Armada because of its tow rating, 8500 lbs, no flex fuel useage, no turbo on a four or six cylinder and no cylinder deactivation. I'm 70 years and my knuckles still drag the ground. My personal opinion is that all of the little engineering tricks to get better gas mileage out of trucks just adds to more areas to trouble shoot when something goes wrong. By the time you hook up a trailer to any of the truck base SUVs that are rated to tow 7000+ lbls, they all get the same reduced gas mileage. The only complaint I have about this Armada(which discovered when winter arrived) is that the compressor cycles on and off in the a/c and heat modes, even though the a/c button is off. And the owners manual makes no reference to this, so I'm taking to dealer to found if it is suppose to operate in this manner.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
The only complaint I have about this Armada(which discovered when winter arrived) is that the compressor cycles on and off in the a/c and heat modes, even though the a/c button is off. And the owners manual makes no reference to this, so I'm taking to dealer to found if it is suppose to operate in this manner.
The A/C is used in most vehicles (possibly all) with the heated windshield defroster as the A/C will "condition" the air, removing moisture (moisture in the air will condense on the condenser and will drain out the bottom of the car) and allowing it blow drier air at the windshield to defrost it quicker. If you have your Armada set to "auto" for the air, it might automatically engage the A/C compressor if any air is going to the defroster. I suppose it is also possible that it is used as needed to maintain a certain level of humidity in the air.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
That sounds normal. To me i have not fully understood how the A/C auto feature works for my '18 plat, nor in my other vehicle (q50). I only know they just work and have not been giving me problems.

·
Super Moderator
5,023 Posts
if you dont want the compressor running at akl make sure AUTO is not on. also make sure none of the rear climate controls are activated or the passenger side. the system will NOT turn on the compressor unless you give it permission via the defog, AC/recirc, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts