Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new here - my wife is considering leasing a 2020 Armada SL. We would go with the captain's chairs, but would need to remove the center console for 3rd row access (we have 4 kids, all in either car seats or boosters, so we would need easy access from 2nd to 3rd row).

I see that the 2017-2018 console lifts out with a latch behind the cupholders, and the press release for the 2019-2020 say that the console is removable, so I assume it comes out the same way.

Can anyone confirm if the center console on the 2020 just lifts out? I just need to make sure there are no bolts or anything sticking up once it is out as it would be a deal breaker if so.

Thank you!
-David

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
A lot of people have done this. I know on the 1st gen Armada (2015 and older), it simply lifts out, and you are left with a plastic piece on the floor. Believe the 2nd gen Armada requires you to take out a few bolts, and you're left with holes in your carpet. Where did you see that the 2017-2018 lifts out with a latch behind the cupholder (that's how my 1st gen works)?

Have you done a search on the forum? I know you'll find a bunch of responses from folks who wanted to do what you want to do, or wanted to simply remove the middle portion of the seat if they had the bench seat. Some have also swapped benches for captains chairs / consoles, and it isn't tough to do. Just make sure when you're looking at threads, you look only at ones for the 2nd gen Armada.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Keith, thanks so much! I went back and looked, but actually, it doesn't say which model year. It was posted in 2018, so I was assuming it was a '17 or '18, but you might be right.

On the 2nd gen, the press release says removable, so I was assuming it would come out easily, not require a mod, but it sounds like it is still fairly easy. If I do remove it, everything remaining is flush, correct? No tripping or toe-stubbing potential?

Lastly, are the carpet holes extremely noticeable? Is there any way to cover them if so?

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Dave - no clue, as I said I have a 1st Gen Armada. Maybe someone else here with a 2nd gen can chime in.

Keith

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
i cant see the 2020 being any different than the 2nd gen armada/qx in terms of the rear seats/ center console. so its highly likely there will be bolts/holes in the floor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there! I have a 2019 Platinum. I believe my center console in middle row is permanent. I am not aware of any latch to move it back or up etc. Looks like yah got some homework to do. Good luck with it! Yah got your hands full there it sounds!😂

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Hi all, I am new here - my wife is considering leasing a 2020 Armada SL. We would go with the captain's chairs, but would need to remove the center console for 3rd row access (we have 4 kids, all in either car seats or boosters, so we would need easy access from 2nd to 3rd row).

I see that the 2017-2018 console lifts out with a latch behind the cupholders, and the press release for the 2019-2020 say that the console is removable, so I assume it comes out the same way.

Can anyone confirm if the center console on the 2020 just lifts out? I just need to make sure there are no bolts or anything sticking up once it is out as it would be a deal breaker if so.

Thank you!
-David
4 phillips head screws

·
Premium Member
28 Posts

Thank you!
-David
I have 4 kids. The center console is removable.

I did it on my 2015 qx80 and now on my 2018 Armada. Here's how in 3 easy steps.

You need to remove 8 simple bolts.

1) There's 4 bolts (2 on each side) at the lower edge of the console. Flip the seat forward and you be able to see them.

Once those are out you can pull up and out on the console.

2) then you need to remove the console brackets that are bolted to the floor board. 2 more bolts per bracket. The carpet of the floor board comes up behind the second row. Place your socket wrench under there and loosen bolts and remove the brackets.

3) Order the console cover floor mat.

Console Floor Mat

It's snaps into the seats and existing floor mat pins and hides the holes left by the console brackets.

The link is for the Infiniti one, but the mat does not have Infiniti or Nissan branding. It's just black. So order from Nissan and it'll be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Armada
2 Posts
I removed the centre console from my 2019 Reserve. Open the console and from the inside bottom remove the bolts. A little jiggle while you lift gets it out. You will be left with four L brackets in the floor of the vehicle. Slightly pull the carpet to the side of each L bracket and you will see the bolt to pull out. Now you are left with four holes in the carpet. I found another carpet that closely matched and laid it over that entire area and it is held down firmly by each seat.

If you have the factory rear seat floor mat, it has a molded area where it would have wrapped around and up the console which now leaves a lip to step over. A little heat gun work and massaging brings this down flat. Also, from the middle seat area to the back is a small step up which you can't do anything about.

The back seat is so much more useable with the middle seat console removed, and two out of my three kids prefer to sit back there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts