Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. Just bought new 2019 Armada. Entertainment system in back for kids is nice! How do they watch totally different things using two different sources? 1 kid uses iPad and other uses her phone. I see one USB and one HDMI port...so if one kid watches YouTube And other watches Netflix how/where do we plug into if both are using a usb cord?? Nissan promotes it like each can watch there own thing but what if your cable is the same? Please help and thank you all in advance. Sal

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
i think any screen can see any input. you just have to select the input using the remote. i think you got it though! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Marc! Gonna give it a go at it tomorrow! Was able tonite to use Bluetooth from phone to car and was able to play pandora and iPhone music stuff so that was good! Hoping my kids stuff with work for eat monitor as they don’t always like watching same thing.
Do you think having Netflix app working can they then stream it to the monitors??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this entertainment center is KILLING ME!!! How in the heck do I connect to allow my kids to watch stuff of their phone or iPad ? I can get audio of what they watching but nothing appears on screen!! No way this system only takes certain “files”. Thought we were getting away from DVD days! Appears each seat can watch there own stuff but I be damn if I can figure it out!!! Please help!!

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
yes the system needs certain wrappers (.mkv, .mov. etc.) and codecs/bitrates to play back video files off a thumbdrive. its in your operators manual.
if you want to mirror an ipad screen, get apple airplay and use the hdmi input.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg really? So we’ve been misled to think they can watch YouTube or Netflix? Will airplay connect in back seat monitors? Then that leaves only one hdmi port ? so you really can’t watch different things on each monitor. This is crazy! Lol. Figured it would be so much easier

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
there is an AV operators manual that states every feature and option available on the theater package. may be worth some of your time to read up on what you can and can't do.

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
yes it does. if you car was used when you bought it the previous owner(s) may have lost it. its available as a pdf online if you search for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whenever I try to play something from my phone, the screen shows up black but I can hear the audio from it. I have so many movies downloaded onto my phone or their iPads that I want them to be able to watch and I can’t seem to figure it out.
I have tried using the USB port and also bought an HDMI cord to see if it would work and still nothing. Someone please help!

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
likely you are seeing the apple device blocking the video for copyright reasons. this would be normal in this case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
likely you are seeing the apple device blocking the video for copyright reasons. this would be normal in this case.
So is there no way to fix this? I was also trying to watch netflix and disney+. not sure our downloaded videos and it won't show anything.

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
its not broken thats the copyright infrastructure in place, so it doing what its designed to do.

there may be ways to circumvent this. there are threads on here and youtube that show you ways to make this work. you can install apple tv for example and use the output of that to connect to your system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts